New TV?

A lot of the current TVs have bad sound. That's what they want so they make you want a sound bar at what cost and of course you want the same brand.

The Sony is alright, it's not a cinema but solid enough

how many blind feckers are reading this thread 1st post shows an lg tv does it not and people mention samsung.
i am still using my pioneer kuro with extra speakers as tv comes with none.
panasonic many last over 10 years for me.
samsung smartless in extension.

my pioneer has an added onkyo amp 7-1 sound system and if needed a 5-1 games chair lol
who says sound does not matter lol

And your point is.
The op is looking for advise.
And there's no blind feckers here

Not everyone can afford a kuro.
Ok does this help you now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

there are loads ,and pioneer have stopped doing tvs long ago.
getting a good warranty is crucial.

i would do research on any tv sold to see if they have issues,how many hdmi do you need.
lg used to be bad with local sales place and got tvs back faulty in under 3 years.

sony was not around for me
panasonic was one of my favorites.

how good are 4k for ghosting on fast action?

It's like a car really each and every car has good and bad points. Then we all know there's utter crap we wouldn't drive at all. It's the same principle with TVs you get what you pay for. I am giving my opinion as I see it. I have installed every type of panel. And I believe Sony have a great panel. I am saying this true first hand experience. Samsung and lg are not a set I would consider at all.

I remember when I was looking at TVs I was like I need the best and only the best, but the best cost way to much. Then half the features I thought where great at t he start now are no longer used, so a waste lol

I remember when I was looking at TVs I was like I need the best and only the best, but the best cost way to much. Then half the features I thought where great at t he start now are no longer used, so a waste lol

I did that when 3d started rolling out probably watched about 3 films on it.

Ye it's crazy when the salesperson is trying to sell the set his main priority is commission on the sale. So straight off the bat there going to try and guide you to the best deals for them not you them. I have yet to see a salesman who is tech savvy in TVs. I don't know what it's like in other places around the world but here in Ireland there hopeless. I went to the local store and they were struggling with information on the size of the set. I wanted the actual size of the set as it was being fitted into a special box being fabricated off site. The guy stood there and hadn't a clue.

they still post on another irish forum with specials on sale.i would have thought most places selling tvs would have a working one on display and could measure up? dont forget about vents around the box needing air and a good strong double tv bracket for angle adjustment.?

Back