Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nord VPN compatible router

celldweller

Registered
Hi all

I am looking for a router that will allow me to use my Nord VPN account. Going by the NORD VPN website it advises me to use an ASUS router for a simple setup.

However, what is a simple setup compared to what would be the best setup?

At the moment I am using a TalkTalk standard router HG633.

I have been looking at getting a new one but I am unsure of what I need. At the moment I am getting average internet speeds of 15-20Mbps. There are a few devices connected to the internet. I would guess there are about 10+ devices connected at any given time.

I have looked at a few VPN routers such as the Spider PRO VPN router and Liberty Shield. However, I do not know how they perform and it could turn out to be a waste of money if the speeds are not great and this is why I am sticking to the devil I know - NordVPN and I have an account with them.

This is the Asus router I am currently looking at - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N27LKTD/?tag=techkingsorg-21 - Would this be compatible for my internet usage?

BeingDinu

Registered
I would Suggest Asus RT-AC68U router

I've set up the new Asus RT-AC68U router, connected my Huawei HG 633 TalkTalk router to its WAN and also configured it for a secure wireless network. The ASUS setup wizard connected it to the internet connection via the TalkTalk router. I've now added a few devices by wireless and ethernet connections and all is working fine so far.

Regards,
Dinu
Enterprise E5 Expert