Nord VPN compatible router

celldweller

Hi all

I am looking for a router that will allow me to use my Nord VPN account. Going by the NORD VPN website it advises me to use an ASUS router for a simple setup.

However, what is a simple setup compared to what would be the best setup?

At the moment I am using a TalkTalk standard router HG633.

I have been looking at getting a new one but I am unsure of what I need. At the moment I am getting average internet speeds of 15-20Mbps. There are a few devices connected to the internet. I would guess there are about 10+ devices connected at any given time.

I have looked at a few VPN routers such as the Spider PRO VPN router and Liberty Shield. However, I do not know how they perform and it could turn out to be a waste of money if the speeds are not great and this is why I am sticking to the devil I know - NordVPN and I have an account with them.

This is the Asus router I am currently looking at - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N27LKTD/?tag=techkingsorg-21 - Would this be compatible for my internet usage?

I would Suggest Asus RT-AC68U router

I've set up the new Asus RT-AC68U router, connected my Huawei HG 633 TalkTalk router to its WAN and also configured it for a secure wireless network. The ASUS setup wizard connected it to the internet connection via the TalkTalk router. I've now added a few devices by wireless and ethernet connections and all is working fine so far.

Regards,
Dinu
Enterprise E5 Expert

Back