Nord VPN on Zgemma H2s

eccoboy

Hi folks, bit of advice needed. I have Nord VPN on my Zgemma H2s and have set it up on XE VPN. I’m struggling to get the speeds needed for IPTV. Without the VPN the Speedtest shows 50mbps, however with it on it’s dropping down loads to about 12mbps. I’ve tried quite a few different servers but nothing improves much (and it’s a royal pain to navigate the server list - unless anyone knows a quicker way)
Can anyone help? Cheers 👍👍

Hi folks, bit of advice needed. I have Nord VPN on my Zgemma H2s and have set it up on XE VPN. I’m struggling to get the speeds needed for IPTV. Without the VPN the Speedtest shows 50mbps, however with it on it’s dropping down loads to about 12mbps. I’ve tried quite a few different servers but nothing improves much (and it’s a royal pain to navigate the server list - unless anyone knows a quicker way)
Can anyone help? Cheers 👍👍
How did you install the VPN?
Are you using confimporter?
When I used Nord VPN I got full speed, in fact it was higher with it running than without it.
Who's your ISP?
Have you disabled net nanny or surfsafe settings on the broadband account?

Hi thanks very much for your reply. I put the VPN on using XE VPN plug-in. I’m not sure what confimporter is??
Surf safe is off 👍👍

Hi thanks very much for your reply. I put the VPN on using XE VPN plug-in. I’m not sure what confimporter is??
Surf safe is off 👍👍
I've not used XE VPN plugin.
Does your provider allow VPN use? Some don't allow them.
Confimporter is a plugin to import VPN configs from VPN provider, you just put your username and password in and confimporter downloads what it needs.
You can try it, it's what I used with Nord.
Also changing countries is easy via VPN manager

I've not used XE VPN plugin.
Does your provider allow VPN use? Some don't allow them.
Confimporter is a plugin to import VPN configs from VPN provider, you just put your username and password in and confimporter downloads what it needs.
You can try it, it's what I used with Nord.
Also changing countries is easy via VPN manager
Hi, yes they recommend using a VPN. I’ll take a look at confimporter, thanks for that. I’ve got VPN manager but unsure how to use it, is there any instruction anywhere? Cheers 👍👍

As soon as you turn on VPN on the H2S it has to deal with decrypting the VPN encryption which uses the receivers resources. Its possible the receiver just is not up to the work.
Hi, now that’s an interesting one as my H9s on the same server works fine. Is it possible that it’s better equipped to deal with IPTV?

Hi, now that’s an interesting one as my H9s on the same server works fine. Is it possible that it’s better equipped to deal with IPTV?
It better at dealing with the strains of VPN encryption faster cpu twice as much ram.

Ah, just swapped them over and it’s the same. Odd, as when I stop the VPN on either box the speed is back up near 50mbps. So network ruled out as I’ve tried both boxes in their respective places and the box hardware now seems not to be the cause either - bit stuck 🙈🤷‍♂️

Whats your broadband speed ?

I thought the H9s was working fine now it has the same slow speeds as the H2 ?

How are your boxes connected to internet are they WiFi or hardwired bud as that can also play a part.
Also if possible do you have an android device whether phone firestick to put your iptv and vpn on to see if same issues

Whats your broadband speed ?

I thought the H9s was working fine now it has the same slow speeds as the H2 ?
Yes that’s correct, so it is the same on both boxes. My speed without VPN is about 50, with VPN it can be as low as 3 🙈🙈

How are your boxes connected to internet are they WiFi or hardwired bud as that can also play a part.
Also if possible do you have an android device whether phone firestick to put your iptv and vpn on to see if same issues
Both hard wired Ethernet, albeit using a couple switches but I don’t think it’s the switches as it’s the same if I route direct with a long Ethernet cable straight from the router. I do have an android box with Nord on I and it works fine….

Both hard wired Ethernet, albeit using a couple switches but I don’t think it’s the switches as it’s the same if I route direct with a long Ethernet cable straight from the router. I do have an android box with Nord on I and it works fine….
So it's not the VPN and it's not the network.
Which means it's the plugin you're using.
Ignore the XE VPN, disable it.
Install confimporter from plugins menu
Open it.
Choose Nord.
Put your username and password in.
See if it's any better

I’ve looked through all the plug ins and it isn’t there to download. I’m using Whooshbuild infinity, is it on a different build ? Cheers

Simple answer your box is just not up to the job. IPTV data streams and running a VPN is asking to much.

Back