Windows 7 Not activated

Sirius

Hi all, a friend brought me an old dell laptop today that she was given and asked can I get it updated, it’s running windows 7 ultimate I tried to upgrade to windows 10 all was going well until it said windows isn’t activated enter your product key, I went into system but there isn’t any ware to add the key is it an illegal copy ?

Is there a windows sticker on the laptop at all underneath or near keyboard even if it was illegal windows 7 it wouldn't make a difference as most computer shops puts illegal windows 10 on them so he must have had it reflashed at some point

Download the official free windows 10 from the Microsoft site then burn it to a disc or create a bootable flash drive. Then do a fresh install.

Edit.
Back up any info needed first obviously.

Is there a windows sticker on the laptop at all underneath or near keyboard even if it was illegal windows 7 it wouldn't make a difference as most computer shops puts illegal windows 10 on them so he must have had it reflashed at some point
Hi it was originally win xp there is a sticker under neath so won’t work as it’s upgraded to 7 ? Is there a way to get it activated

I don't think you can upgrade to W10 for free anymore.
You might have to pay for an upgrade.

When it was first released I had Windows 8 legit lol and gave me option to upgrade for free but as mentioned nothing is always free after so long

I think you can still get a free copy, I seen it on a tv programme recently and my new laptop upgraded not long ago, I’m sure I have an iso to burn when I used the usb tool, I’ll try it thanks for all the reply

Dont think an old xp unit could run w.10 as i have 3 here called dodos.

If like me you run crap cleaner guess where your key is lol

it’s an older dell laptop but not a bad spec I think it will run w.10 I’ve followed the link provided and got 10 so try this weekend, thanks again

Back