Now Starview is dead which box.

if you get something else you are going to get a service,if you doddle again will you be getting it at all?

How much do u want to pay and learn if u want a simple box then open box is fine its hd its got lan so u can put a line in,if u want to learn abit i would say dm800 as the dm500 not hd.

i should of put dm500s yes i no they do dm500hd but might as well get the 800 as has more help and been around along while

Budget boxes about £60 HD,PVR as mentioned earlier, F3, openbox etc
Program Guide now and next.

£ 150 ish Blade, DM800 same as
above 7 Day Program guide
Easier recording.

£300 Twin tuner boxes,
record one program and watch another. VU+Duo etc

Linux boxes like dreamboxes bit harder to set up I believe

Last edited:
to be honest i find it quite difficult so would probably go for something simple and easy

If you are not technically minded dont go for any of the linux boxes or you will get yourself into deep water, get a simple f3 or blade 7000 simple boxes to set up even a novice could do it, both are excellent boxes and are HD as well.

Thanks everyone for your input, it has helped a great deal. i think i know now which way would suit me best. one question though, if i go down the road of satellite do i have to change the position of my dish? it was set up by sky a few years ago, if so how difficult is it to do ?

Thanks again :)

---------- Post Merged at 03:32 PM ----------

what is the difference between the F3 and M3 will they both do the job??

Thanks again :)

---------- Post Merged at 03:32 PM ----------

what is the difference between the F3 and M3 will they both do the job??

Prob price i would presume the f3 is a good value box not sure about the other box

Pretty much same box, M3 has a USB port
at the back, if your using the wireless dongle
may look a bit neater.

All this series F3/4/5 or M3/4/5 have pretty much the same spec.
F3 section and Openbox section on here.

You need to see what is being supplied in the UK.

No point having a box nobody knows how to help you with
if you get stuck is there ? :)

Last edited:
Back