nvidia shield

sooty

hi
what is the best web browser to use for shield i want to type in web address to get vpn app & iptv app
is downloader the best
as anybody tried opera browser

thank you

Use the Google Play Store for the vpn app if it's on there then it'll be up to date and updated when updates come available.

Use the Google chrome browser or downloader for your iptv apk

@ pupuqiop thanks for reply
vpn not on playstore
have iptv apk on usb stick could i use file manager for this
which is best google chrome browser or downloader for vpn apk
thank you

There isn't really a "best" tbh, just use either one. Once you've got downloader on it's there for future use so might be an idea to use that.

hi
what is the best web browser to use for shield i want to type in web address to get vpn app & iptv app
is downloader the best
as anybody tried opera browser

thank you
Like @pupuqiop has quoted use the downloader from store, if you have the APK for apps type them in your android phone or tablet browser and download, then from app store on your phone download Easy Fire Tools app and this will allow you to side load to Shield!
Some apps will not show up in favourites on Shield, I downloaded side load launcher from store on Shield ,and all these apps will appear in it in the favourites.

If you are wanting to simply to add APKs to your shield and you have an android phone then I can highly recommend an app from the android app store called "Send files to TV" which you can download on your mobile and on the Shield. You then download the APK to your phone and transfer it over your wifi network using the app. Add an APK installer to the shield and then just install from the saved location.
For me this to be the quickest way to get APKs on the shield, far less fiddly than using a browser.

Whoop Whoop, eventually bit the bullet and bought a Shield Pro, it will be 'Landing' tomorrow, I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it :smiley::smiley:(y) It's also good to know @Pilf that it can use Send Files to TV, I swear by this app for my Amazon Cube, it is so simple to use.

i have installed iptv app apk
if you click on permission then takes you to app permission
says storage has that got to be turned on or off

thank you

There are a few.
1. Ltq
2. Duplex
3. Mongoose portal

I have found issues with the above. There are another two but I can't remember there names.

You have to remember the sheild is a full on tv android box. Most of the others boxes use a mobile version of android.

There are a few.
1. Ltq
2. Duplex
3. Mongoose portal

I have found issues with the above. There are another two but I can't remember there names.
Cheers mate, I am just trying to get a 'heads up' before taking delivery, but I don't use any of those above. Many thanks for the info (y)

Cheers mate, I am just trying to get a 'heads up' before taking delivery, but I don't use any of those above. Many thanks for the info (y)
I have found by far tivimate is best for the sheild. The next best is x3m. That's just my opinion.

Whoop Whoop, eventually bit the bullet and bought a Shield Pro, it will be 'Landing' tomorrow, I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it :smiley::smiley:(y) It's also good to know @Pilf that it can use Send Files to TV, I swear by this app for my Amazon Cube, it is so simple to use.
Well it's here, and I have had a good play around with it and currently I am very impressed. I must say though. "Isn't that Netflix buttton an pain in the arse"? I am forever accidentally hitting it and ending up in Netflix :disappointed:

Well it's here, and I have had a good play around with it and currently I am very impressed. I must say though. "Isn't that Netflix buttton an pain in the arse"? I am forever accidentally hitting it and ending up in Netflix :disappointed:
You do get used to it. I find the control with my buzz stick a pain now as it has that many buttons.

Back