Octagon sf4008 4k

Octagon SF4008 4K or VU+ Solo 4K? Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Looking at the prices as the VU being more expensive does this mean it is better quality box?

And anyone who has an Octagon SF4008 can you please give me a review on it.

Octagon SF4008 4K or VU+ Solo 4K? Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Looking at the prices as the VU being more expensive does this mean it is better quality box?

And anyone who has an Octagon SF4008 can you please give me a review on it.

I don't have the SF4008 but I am looking to upgrade to it.

I am waiting on an Openvix image to be released which I believe is being worked on.

If you are savvy with your tech go for it.

VU+ are pricey in my personal opinion but are very good.

Hopefully one of the owners of the SF4008 could provide more info.

Also hearing a lot of good views about the Mutant HD51 which is also a 4K Unit.

The SF4008 is a great box. Just waiting for ViX to be released to road test it thoroughly.
Tried ATV but menu navigation was really sluggish for me. I'm running OpenSPA at the moment and it's really running well.
I thought the mutant HD51 was fast but this seems even faster!
My advice is get one now. New images will appear gradually, it's the same for all new boxes.
I think that as soon as ViX comes out they will be out of stock everywhere.

They're also very compact, not much bigger than a H2S.

As Willo noted above its a great box, Truly I think its amazing, so dam fast literally. Best £200 I`ve spent in a while. Really like the look and quality build of the box. I went for 1 x twin / dual dvb-c. currently running openatv 5.3 and latest slyk skin. Supports internal HDD, you wont be disappointed. (y)

Octagon SF4008 it is then. Why pay £380 when a box worth £200 does exactly the same thing. Thank you for all your posts and advice.

Ive got thhe mutant hd51 running open vix & its a great box very fast loading & good picure quality im using both sky & virgin feeds,my only grip is the remote but ive replaced it with a logitech harmony 650. i am also waiting on the vix image for the sf4008 as this will be my next box for the spare room.

Info update - Flashed the box with open atv 6, latest slyk hd skin. Used universal softcam feed oscam_atv 1.2 11353, all tested and working :)

Ive got thhe mutant hd51 running open vix & its a great box very fast loading & good picure quality im using both sky & virgin feeds,my only grip is the remote but ive replaced it with a logitech harmony 650. i am also waiting on the vix image for the sf4008 as this will be my next box for the spare room.

The Vix image is out now, any takers? Be grateful for feedback please?

The Vix image is out now, any takers? Be grateful for feedback please?
I've installed the new fix image and it's spot on , I've always used openatv and I did try openatv 6 before the vix release but I think I will stay with the vix image , everything seems to work as It should do , and so far no problems at all , I have the sf4008 fully up and running with both sat (motorised) and cable, picons, epg works , sound is in sync , pictures look great, all in all I can't fault the vix image in any way , Thanks - VIX team .

Hi all,
So Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question but I'd appreciate some help please?
I'm really interested in purchasing this box, since I feel its a mid range box that fits into my budget and is 4k enabled which will give me the benefit of utilising this with my 4k TV and also future proofing the box for the expected increase in 4k material. However, I'm uncertain about which box I need to purchase from WOS, I'm looking to run it via a single Satellite and dual Cable. Do I need a c-line and an n-line or other? Iv'e read that Vix is now available for the box but it isn't showing up as one of the pre-loaded options on WOS so how do I get it? Any help would be very much appreciated and thanks in advance ;)

This is the one: OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners 1x Satellite DVB-S/S2/S2X
It uses the oscam softcam and it can handle N or C lines. Personally I've always used N lines.
ViX will be an option soon I would have thought. It only takes 2 minutes to flash it yourself though.

Am also thinking about buying another box out of these two
OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners

VU+ Uno 4K 1x DVB-C CABLE FBC Tuner Linux Enigma 2 Receiver UHD 2160p like the look of this one tho as you can record and watch up to 8 channels

I`ve never needed to record more than 2 channels at once, but yeah does sound good upto 8. I had a vu+ solo sev2 box in the past and vu stuff seems to work really well. However being a little biesed the octagon is a superb box, had no issues so far apart from the learning curve of wiping the box several times to test images. Internal hdd always a bonus, its really down to individual preference. there is a huge diff in the price though, do you really need to record 8 at once lol, i dont have time now to watch whats stored.

SouthSimon what image and setup do you have on your octagon what tuners and how many can you watch and record at the same time ...as I am on cable

Back