Offical Movie Thread

No. But my advice is never ever join a paysite to download movies. I have some very good ones if you want?? There all free and very good sites.

Hi Camelv I have used it a good few times but some movies when downloaded the sound is out of sync, when i burn it to dvd I use vso to convert the avi file to dvd so i can watch on my dvd player.But i have now taken to watching on my flat screen by linking the comp up with a lead and fixing it in AVL.
Just wondered it anyone else have the same problems.
Cheers.

Hi Camelv I have used it a good few times but some movies when downloaded the sound is out of sync, when i burn it to dvd I use vso to convert the avi file to dvd so i can watch on my dvd player.But i have now taken to watching on my flat screen by linking the comp up with a lead and fixing it in AVL.
Just wondered it anyone else have the same problems.
Cheers.

you will get some out of sync tom but most of them are ok ,i always make sure i read the comments and take it from there .
i use winavi to transcode/convert then nero burner to burn.

Hi Mooley can you pass that info on to me thought i was doing right thing but seems its a case of get what you pay for as the movies are cheap to down load .
Thanks

Yeah sound mate. The reason I say I wouldn't is that you can be sure they're not paying the right authorities to allow to download the movies so what you doing is still most probably illegal. I have used these sites for the past I don't know how many years. Maybe about 6 or so and I'll bet it's the exact same files your downloading.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Pm'd you themoh

After being disappointed in Frank Miller's The Spirit i had to watch Sin City again.

Great flick, if you like movies based from comic book/graphic novels.

I Just finished watching "Requiem For A Dream"
I really enjoyed it.
It basically a story of four people pursuing their vision of happiness, which unfortunately dosent always work out.
8.5/10 easy

Right now I'm watching "The Rookie" with Dennis Quaid, about a 30-something year old pitcher who try's out for a major league baseball team.....and makes it.

I have the dvd of this movie, and the special features includes interviews with the real life Jimmy Morris, some of the high school baseball players he coached, and some of the scouts. It was very informative.

I Just finished watching "Requiem For A Dream"
I really enjoyed it.
It basically a story of four people pursuing their vision of happiness, which unfortunately dosent always work out.
8.5/10 easy

Odd movie. But none the less a good one to watch. I still crack up at the whole selling the t.v. bit.

After being disappointed in Frank Miller's The Spirit i had to watch Sin City again.

Great flick, if you like movies based from comic book/graphic novels.

So true, "The Spirit" was not that great, "Sin City" however was fantastic.

:amen:

I thought "The Spirit" had a few moments (and a great rear shot of Eva Mendez!!) but I also felt something was missing. It had the ability to be better, but just didn't reach it.

Now, I can't wait till they start work on Sin City 2 & 3

I am looking forward to the new Mike Tyson Biography movie. He was my favorite boxer. Even if he was a dirty fighter!

Catching up....

Taken = GREAT
The Spirit = WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT??
Gran Torino = GREAT
Slumdog Millionaire = GOOD
Shawshank = GOOD
you've got mail + chick = GOOD
7 pounds = GREAT (had it figured in the first 30 min but still GREAT movie to me)

That's all I can remember from the last 8 pages. ;)

I'm curious about some of the newer flicks.. I'll present a list later.. me is searching right now. :grin:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Hotel for Dogs
Bride Wars
JCVD

Short list I know.. but I'm not to up on current movies. ;)

I know that it is an old one, but I had forgotten how funny Anchorman was until I dug it out the other night. :loony:

I plan on watching "The Hurt Locker" later on tomorrow at work....if I can. Should have some free time to watch at least 1 movie.

Saw "The Reader" tonight. It had me confused somewhat, and how his guilt didn't hurt him more.....I need to watch it again.

going to see wolverine today, purposely havent downloaded the leaked version as it would have just ruined it without the proper work and effects added to it.
watched the uninvited the other night, terrible terrible film 0/10
was also disappointed by the spirit, ending wasnt too bad, enjoyed the credits :)

Last edited:
just back from seeing wolverine, excellent film, would definately recommend cinema to see it, role on the next one!

I have only watched "Wolverine" the leaked version. I am curious if they have changed much, or anything at all after public's reactions to the leaked version.

As to being "unfinished", the leaked version was pretty close to being done, maybe a 5 minutes of unfinished CGI altogether.

For those that are a bit disappointed with the new movies, I just watched "The Boondok Saints". Awesome movie, one of the best I've seen in a long time;wish I could find the unrated version:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144117/

Last edited:
Back