Openatv 5.2

Am not using it mate but i pressume as your reflashing your starting afresh as you usually would. As for everything working as its in beta its bound to have a few bugs mate

Is it out of beta yet? I never got around to trying it, got my box setup nice, so I don't want to temp it, I broke it enough times

Was my thinking exactly hahaha didn't click on too many links to find out but there was no mention of beta on the file itself. hopefully someone can shed some light

Had a look at the zgemma website and looked at the h2s and the latest update is still on 5.1. So I think I will leave it for it to come up on their site

When 5.2 fully comes out, will I need to reflash or will it just be a update with a reboot. Don't really want to lose all my setup to start fresh

Usually with a new updated build it requires a re-flash, you may be able to restore your settings but don't hold me to that, when it's actually released vix and ATV tell you if a settings restore can be done or not, if not it will be a complete set up from scratch.

I'm on 5.3 nightly now. I tried 5.2 but didn't seem stable. The back up of it was smaller that 5.1 for my install
5.1 was around 101mb
5.2 was around 83mb

havent tried 5.3 will try later

so far 5.3 seems alright

as for the fresh install. I had a backup on my rear use HDD and when I was restoring system settings it also restored some of the system folders from the back. So about 5 mins after I finished the install I was up and running. Not everything went over. Sly skin didn't and itv app didn't but they are easy

so I will run it for a while and see how it goes

There will be nightly builds for each version currently it's on 5.3 so there will be updates to that build you can flash again or just do ota updates

Back