oven

ven2112

hi, just wondering if anyone could tell me if i could possibly add a tower oven in these units? just take the door off and use fillers etc, or would it be a whole new oven unit requirement? thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20231023_165116~2.jpg
    20231023_165116~2.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 49
Firstly,check the width of the unit you plan to install the oven in.They need to be 600mm wide units with approx 560mm inside measurements
for a standard oven to fit.

The oven would need its own power supply ie the 6mm core cable those that come with a plug on them is just for the light ect.
We was looking for a new cooker for son as just moved out and asked want one that just runs off a plug got told it wasn’t possible as too much overload in the mains and that it needed to be on a 32amp circuit breaker and those with 13amp plugs are just for the above and needed the core cable into the cooker junction box.
That was from electrician who came and installed it for us for him

The oven would need its own power supply ie the 6mm core cable those that come with a plug on them is just for the light ect.
We was looking for a new cooker for son as just moved out and asked want one that just runs off a plug got told it wasn’t possible as too much overload in the mains and that it needed to be on a 32amp circuit breaker and those with 13amp plugs are just for the above and needed the core cable into the cooker junction box.
That was from electrician who came and installed it for us for him
Totally agree with this.It should also have its own double pole isolating switch.

Nope, there's loads of fan assisted ovens that you just plug into a normal socket, I've got one in my kitchen.
Electric oven and hob, or just hob will need it's own supply to the CU because there's too much if all four rings are in use. A fan assisted oven is only one element at a time, either grill or oven
EDIT
I've just googled fan assisted oven
Went to argos, clicked single ovens, the first 6 i checked, Neff, Bush, Hoover etc all were plug in and use

Last edited:
Are you qualified electricians? I am,but only familiar with irish regs which are very much in line with european regs
and every fixed appliance must have an isolator fitted.

Are you qualified electricians? I am,but only familiar with irish regs which are very much in line with european regs
and every fixed appliance must have an isolator fitted.
Is a tv, fridge or toaster a fixed appliance?
Neither is an oven, they come with a 3 pin plug

I forgot my oven i dont use has a 13amp plug as more times i would use my Halogen oven or my Ninja Foodi.
Forgot the hot air out the front

No they are not.Examples of fixed appliaces would be immersion heater,oven,hob,boiler,electric shower etc.
By isolator, do you mean a fused spur above the worktops in a fitted kitchen so that washing machine, dishwasher etc can be powered off without moving it?
My oven is plugged in, most single ovens in UK are plug in. Normally a surface mounted socket is wired into the adjacent cupboard so it can be unplugged, it's been this way for quite a long time, the element is only 2KW

At the very least I think you would want a dedicated 16/20A supply with an accessible isolator with either a fused 13a spur,
which would be my preferance,or a socket wired from isolator.

Attachments

• hot plug.jpg
    hot plug.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 3
Back