Parental control pin on Zgemma h9s Se

Hi everyone im new in here , but i have a question , i have a Zgemma h9s se box , but the problem is that some normal channels ( like sports channels ) have the parental control pin protection for some reason , i never changed the parental control pin so it should be default but i type 0000 and is wrong i type 1234 and is wrong, can anybody help me with this because i have no ideia what the pin is. Thank you

FTP into your box and navigate to

/etc/enigma2/settings

Search this

config.ParentalControl.servicepin.0=

You find the code it has at the end of that line.

If you do find that line add this

config.ParentalControl.servicepin.0=1234

Save and reboot

1234 is your pin

Last edited:
How can i FTP into my box , to start the other steps thank you ?
1.Download and install Filezilla from here and install on your laptop/PC.

2. On your ZGemma box, from the remote control, go to:
MENU - INFO PANEL - INFOS - NETWORK
Near the top of the page it should show:
Internet address: ###.###.#.### ( numbers should replace the hash tags )
Take a note of this internet address.
I use openATV but on other builds there may be different MENU options you may have to go under to find the internet address but it should be in the Network option.

3. Once Filezilla is installed on your laptop/PC, open the program and you should have a screen similar to this:

A = This is where to put the internet address that we took a note of earlier.

B = The username is: root

C = Press the quickconnect button to connect to your ZGemma box.

D = The left side panel is the contents of your laptop/PC.

E = The right side panel will show the contents of what you are connecting to.

F = Like I said before, the left side panel is the contents of your laptop/PC. From here you can choose the file(s) that you wish to transfer to your box.

G = The right side panel should now show you the contents of your ZGemma box.

Ok thank you i'll do that tommorow , or is there any play store app that does the same thing ?

Also the /etc/enigma2/settings is it on google or on the filezilla ?

Ok thank you i'll do that tommorow , or is there any play store app that does the same thing ?

It's inside your zgemma.
FileZilla allows you to log into your box from your laptop/pc and change settings internally.
Takes five minutes

You might find this a struggle reading between the lines if you are not familiar with FTP using E2 boxes. Are you using a pc/laptop/mac book ?

you do not need to download filezilla on a windows PC just type your zgemma ipaddress into windows file explorer example image posted

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 8
Ok thank you , that's gonna save alot of time
you will still need to setup password on enigma2 first , so that would be Menu > Setup > System > Network > Password Settings then type in password and save ,just use root to try you can always change it later on . then when you try to connect via windows file explorer it will ask you for username and password so just type root for both.

Why does this seem so easy and complicated at the same time 🤣
It looks complicated but it's actually easy.
There looks like a lot of steps but in reality each only takes a few seconds to complete, the biggest/longest job is downloading and installing the FileZilla prog, this may take ten minutes if you have a slow connection, after its installed it's only a few minutes job

It looks complicated but it's actually easy.
There looks like a lot of steps but in reality each only takes a few seconds to complete, the biggest/longest job is downloading and installing the FileZilla prog, this may take ten minutes if you have a slow connection, after its installed it's only a few minutes job
In Scotland it may take 10 minutes in wales it only takes 5 minutes :LOL:

In England it takes a minute to download and nine minutes to install, but that may just be my twenty year old pc, running Windows 95

you will still need to setup password on enigma2 first , so that would be Menu > Setup > System > Network > Password Settings then type in password and save ,just use root to try you can always change it later on . then when you try to connect via windows file explorer it will ask you for username and password so just type root for both.
Thank you for reminding me abt that

So after completing the FTP i have to do this right ? /etc/enigma2/settings , how do i do this ? The FTP looks very easy with the help you guys are giving

So after completing the FTP i have to do this right ? /etc/enigma2/settings , how do i do this ? The FTP looks very easy with the help you guys are giving
So one you have a network connection, btw i still recommend Filezilla but if you want to do it via windows as explained above go ahead.

Navigate to /etc/enigma2/settings
Highlight and right click the settings file and select edit.

Search for this line

config.ParentalControl.servicepin.0=

Youll find the pin code it has at the end of that line. Thats all you need to know. You could change it while your there and save.

If you do not find that line add this

config.ParentalControl.servicepin.0=1234

Save and reboot

1234 is your pin

@Ferret. normally when you need to edit settings file you need to use terminal first and send init 4 then edit the settings file then init 3 and exit.

Back