Passed My Driving Test =)

j4v3d

VIP Member
passed my driving test today, damn was a long journey, but passed first time with my new instructor

independent driving was piss easy :) 6 minors ;)

well chuffed today, want to share my happiness with you guys lol

congratulations young man, have fun with your license, but remember to be safe:taz:

I still remember my test, that and the night out i had before it, dunno how i passed! Congrats dude!

thank you all for the lovely responses,

is it worth while doing the pass plus? will help when i insure a car, preferably a 1.0 or 1.2 litre.

j4v3d welcome to the full license club
congrats m8
well done (y)

i feel priveleged to be a full license holder now :)

congratulations young man, have fun with your license, but remember to be safe:taz:

i sure will be safe, been a long journey for me alot of hard work has been put in, don't want to risk it by being immature and stupid on the roads. it might even be the last thing i do in my life if i start being a prick on the roads.

i sure will be safe, been a long journey for me alot of hard work has been put in, don't want to risk it by being immature and stupid on the roads. it might even be the last thing i do in my life if i start being a prick on the roads.

if only everyone thought like that!!!
as for the pass plus im not sure ive heard that it helps a lot with your insurance but then others say for the amount you have to pay for the pass plus, its nto worth it as it doesnt save you much. Think its your personal choice and what you think you will get out of it.
My Son takes his next month

if only everyone thought like that!!!
as for the pass plus im not sure ive heard that it helps a lot with your insurance but then others say for the amount you have to pay for the pass plus, its nto worth it as it doesnt save you much. Think its your personal choice and what you think you will get out of it.
My Son takes his next month

my instructor said it does help with insurance alot, a new driver who passed saved like over £500 pound on his insurance with the help of pass plus. plus its helpful as well, you get to use your basic skills on the motorway, country roads etc, my instructor charges £100 for pass plus

im going to hunt around for insurance with & without pass plus and see how much i get quoted, cheers

I am a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorist's. even me, as an auld fella and a professional driver (buses) saves over €100 on my insurance for the £20 fee per year. the course is interesting and it teaches a lot of advanced warning and avoidance techniques. I think this is similar to the course you are asking about. for me personally, the more experience you can get, the better. and the only way to get experience is to drive.

j4v3d - yes see what the difference is when you get quotes and take it from there £500 seems a lot to save. if thats the case then ours would go down from £1200 to £700 ( if i insured the car and put it all in my name and my son as a 2nd driver) - if he insures a car all in his own name etc its been between £3000 - £6000 so yup if you saved £500 its a lot on that! Problem is the car he is looking at buying is about £1200-£1500 so insurance is expensive even with a discount. IM not sure how much a pass plus would cost with his instructor, but as wheelo says the more you drive the more experience you will get.
We have a local road here called the A2 its like a motorway but is an A road until much further up ( about 40-50 miles) so he drives up and down that on his lessons

insuring myself on a 1.2 vauxhall corsa is asking for £4,000 - £6,000 fully comp

what a disgrace lol

i want to be first driver, dont want to go on anyone elses policy

congrate j4v, now the exspense of owning a car, lol enjoy yourself and drive safely m8.

Back