Premier League Discussion

Can't seem to see the Glaziers on there? Is it because they take more out than put in?
Not surprised they arent mate and yep your right there. They will happily keep taking so much money out of the club than put anything in it.

Would love new owners but wouldnt want anyone from Saudi to come near United whatsoever. So stuck in the same fekking hole.

Not surprised they arent mate and yep your right there. They will happily keep taking so much money out of the club than put anything in it.

Would love new owners but wouldnt want anyone from Saudi to come near United whatsoever. So stuck in the same fekking hole.
We have spent over a billion on players since Ferguson left, i would say that was putting money into the club, most money spent by us, I would take money out aswell if I spent that. No one can say the glazers don't put there hands in there pocket

Not sure why they are going for him.

Personally don't think he will do any better.

It'd be a pretty underwhelming appointment imo. Not saying he won't make a good manager but with the fanfare around the rich new owners I'd be expecting a bigger name, someone proven on the world/European stage.

It'd be a pretty underwhelming appointment imo. Not saying he won't make a good manager but with the fanfare around the rich new owners I'd be expecting a bigger name, someone proven on the world/European stage.

Exactly with the new ownership they need a big name appointment to really make a statement.

Sorry to say but lampard ain't that.

Not too sure myself, it's a huge project and if he made a success of it he'd be revered forever in the North East.

He's good manager Rodgers but could be a big risk.

But at the same time he could really create a legacy at Newcastle but crucial thing will be time and the new owners need to have faith on whoever they bring in by giving a sustained amount of time even where results may be pear shaped.

Rodgers name comes up as soon as there is a rumour of a a big sacking!, why would he leave Leicester?
His name comes up because he is a good coach, I think he's settled where he is,
I may be wrong but believe he has learned a lot from the Liverpool sacking!
I think the owner relationship is important to him,
But if we end up with a relegation battle which could happen with the regular back 4 all injured things could change!

Lampard is available.

he's not the man, but he is free and has name recognition

when city came into riches they made some marque singings that signaled intent: think robhino

will imagine newscastle will have a similar model - get some money-hungry big names there that dont have the drive to play for titles [else they would wait till newcastle were established] and some young talent.

once the brand is built and they are associated with big names, then pile the cash to bring in players near their peak.

the idea of them challenging for an mpabbe in the future is not outlandish.

shearer was a world record signing and owen was also a massive chunk of change for the time.

and they were able to compete for the worlds best young talent fairly recently

ferguson wanted to wait a year to sign rooney, but his hand was forced as newcastle had made a bid. rooney was far and away the most exciting talent in world football then. the idea that a player wouldnt prefer to wait a year for ferguson over going to newcastle seems strange now, but the previous two best english forwards had gone to newcastle - they had serious swagger then.

personally, i'm very excited, they are a one club city mad passionate people and it should be a great ride to witness.

the woman heading their team looks mental too. hoping for crazy times.

Back