Premier League Discussion

Howe at Newcastle looking likely not really sure he's the man to lead the project there. More like a temporary appointment.

Probably be a termination clause in the contract for the end of the season so Newcastle can try to tempt a bigger name if they stay up. Can't see the new owners giving Howe their riches to spend tbh.

Probably be a termination clause in the contract for the end of the season so Newcastle can try to tempt a bigger name if they stay up. Can't see the new owners giving Howe their riches to spend tbh.

Ye he's just a stop gap to keep them up till end of the season and try to then go for a big name.

Big gamble Villa have taken with the Gerrard signing and for their sake hope it pays off with them staying up.

But the PL is a whole different ball game to the SPFL and think Gerrard will find that out in his first few games that's for sure.

It would have been a tough decision for him to go to Villa, but the lure of the EPL is just too big, and he is a pretty confident type of fella, knowing that if he does a half decent job at Villa park, then Anfield may well be his next destination when Jurgen finally moves on, it will always be the same with the SPL now, albeit good managers or players that come along, it will just be a stepping stone to the top end of the championship or the premier league, rumours in Scotland are that Ryan Kent will follow him to Villa in January, it will probably be the same with some of the good young players that Celtic have brought to the club, and the potential new signings in the next window, they will see the SPL as a way to get noticed by the EPL and championship clubs, I just wish that 12 to 16 months ago, some english club had came in and poached Neil Lennon from Celtic, heh,heh.

He had a very good club and international career playing under an array of top managers, cut his teeth coaching Liverpool's academy then stepped into the biggest job in the UK outside the EPL, Championship and League 1. So I think he's ready for a crack at the Premier League. He seems very driven, hungry to succeed and it'll be very interesting to see how he does.

He had a very good club and international career playing under an array of top managers, cut his teeth coaching Liverpool's academy then stepped into the biggest job in the UK outside the EPL, Championship and League 1. So I think he's ready for a crack at the Premier League. He seems very driven, hungry to succeed and it'll be very interesting to see how he does.

Despite my opinion on him, all I care about is Villa staying up. They will have a very tough season and will be battling at the bottom thats for sure.

Be good to see how he can do in epl as you’ve said above bud.
people always jump and say this manager won’t do this that and other before they’ve even had a game to play we’ve all done it lol.
I hope he does really well if he can get villa playing well and a few results and avoid relegation then job done in my opinion

I wouldn't go to Liverpool at any point if I were him.
He's viewed as a legend/god there now, if he took over and lost five games in a row he's automatically transformed into a 2@.

Lampard would be quite a coup for Rangers imo. With him as manager they might avoid an exodus of their better players following Gerrard out of the door.

Lampard would be interesting and if he gets stunk in there potentially will benefit them and more so him longterm to improve overall as a manager to then be able to come back to the premier league.

Back