Premier League Discussion

Good luck with that! Lots of talent but doesn't seem to take notice of instructions!!

£1.7m so it's a virtually risk free transfer in today's market. 25 years old so maybe he's matured and the penny will drop. If not, he's a better bench warmer than Everton had last season so a good buy imo.

£1.7m so it's a virtually risk free transfer in today's market. 25 years old so maybe he's matured and the penny will drop. If not, he's a better bench warmer than Everton had last season so a good buy imo.
I love him coming off the bench but don't think it will work out, one of the reasons he left was the bench thing! Brendon is superb with youngsters! Not sure Rafa is! Attitude needs changing!

Great for Spurs that, he's an important player for them.

Ye probably as important as Kane imo.

He's quality and really is a team player.

Speaking of Kane I'm getting the sense that he may end up staying and if he does then will be terrible decision especially him not trying to force a move. He just isn't going to win anything with spurs and sadly he is wasting he career away there.

Speaking of Kane I'm getting the sense that he may end up staying and if he does then will be terrible decision especially him not trying to force a move. He just isn't going to win anything with spurs and sadly he is wasting he career away there.

All quiet so far but he's still on end of season break after the euros. I expect to see a transfer or a bumper new contract at Spurs soon.

I see Madrid are asking an extortionate fee Varane :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If I was United I would just walk away and pursue another target. Don't make same mistakes as previous years.

I see Madrid are asking an extortionate fee Varane :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If I was United I would just walk away and pursue another target. Don't make same mistakes as previous years.

I always think the continental way of doing transfers ie agree terms with player then discuss fee with club is a funny way to do business. Leaves the buying club open to being held to ransom.

I always think the continental way of doing transfers ie agree terms with player then discuss fee with club is a funny way to do business. Leaves the buying club open to being held to ransom.

Yep agreed.

Seemed the transfer was almost complete and Madrid are asking for such a ridiculous fee now.

Part of me thinks Varane probably wants a big new fat contract from Madrid

I do think he'd be a good signing for United, I think he's got good pedigree even with his injury record not being the best.

But over 70 million euros personally its too big of a risk with his injury problems.

I don't want them to gamble with all that money. Better spreading it across a few quality players in other positions.

Bit annoyed they haven't looked at new holding midfielder and striker.

Sancho and maybe Varane just are not enough to at least challenge city and Liverpool.

Last edited:
But over 70 million euros personally its too big of a risk with his injury problems.

I don't want them to gamble with all that money. Better spreading it across a few quality players in other positions.

Bit annoyed they have looked at new holding midfielder and striker.

Sancho and maybe Varane just are not enough to at least challenge city and Liverpool.

They're more than a few players off challenging City imo.

And other teams to come in and take players from under their noses like Chelsea did with willian he was supposed to go to Spurs but we gave him medical and agreed terms whilst spuds was negotiating

I do think he'd be a good signing for United, I think he's got good pedigree even with his injury record not being the best.
As I said before mate, his injury record really concerns me, I would not be pursuing varane, not when there's other top centre half's out there, skirnier from inter Milan is so good, giminez and Torres are class also, good time as there's a few clubs struggling financially.

As I said before mate, his injury record really concerns me, I would not be pursuing varane, not when there's other top centre half's out there, skirnier from inter Milan is so good, giminez and Torres are class also, good time as there's a few clubs struggling financially.

Definitely a buyers market in the current climate.

Back