Premier League Discussion

Manchester United have signed Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund for £73m.
He has signed a five-year deal at United, with an option of a further year, and Sancho will wear the No 25 shirt for his new side.
The 21-year-old joins the Premier League club after four years in the Bundesliga with Dortmund, where he won the German Cup in his final season and scored 50 goals across 137 appearances.

As I said before mate, his injury record really concerns me, I would not be pursuing varane, not when there's other top centre half's out there, skirnier from inter Milan is so good, giminez and Torres are class also, good time as there's a few clubs struggling financially.
Inter Milan will be looking to ship out a few top earners possibly ac Milan or juve

Manchester United have signed Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund for £73m.
He has signed a five-year deal at United, with an option of a further year, and Sancho will wear the No 25 shirt for his new side.
The 21-year-old joins the Premier League club after four years in the Bundesliga with Dortmund, where he won the German Cup in his final season and scored 50 goals across 137 appearances.
Just let him take Utd pens 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 only joking it’s fans hopefully he can show his talent didn’t get much of a chance in euros

Yeah they will baz, they have some very good players aswell, I such a fan of skirnier, he's absolute solid
Do agree mate some top quality centre backs out there which they can get for such a less price than Varane.

But it seems to me they are stuck in their ways to get him anyway they can even if it means paying over the odds.

Tottenham have signed winger Bryan Gil from Sevilla, with Erik Lamela joining the Spanish side in a swap-plus-cash deal.

Spurs will also pay Sevilla £21.6m for Gil

Man Utd finalising signing of Raphael Varane from Real Madrid. Agreements in place with 28yo & #RMFC. Price £35m + add-ons but Real to pay La Liga solidarity so cost to #MUFC £34m + add-ons. Deal 4yr + 1. Medical unclear due to quarantine

Man Utd finalising signing of Raphael Varane from Real Madrid. Agreements in place with 28yo & #RMFC. Price £35m + add-ons but Real to pay La Liga solidarity so cost to #MUFC £34m + add-ons. Deal 4yr + 1. Medical unclear due to quarantine
He will be on physio table more times than putting a Utd shirt on lmfao bit steep of a price to say in 2 seasons will be 30yrs old and a lot of clubs don’t like players over 30

He will be on physio table more times than putting a Utd shirt on lmfao bit steep of a price to say in 2 seasons will be 30yrs old and a lot of clubs don’t like players over 30
Maybe so.

Age isn't a factor imo.

If the player who ever that maybe is playing at a high level and is performing for the club then the club will keep them. Cavani is one example.

At 28 a footballer is widely considered to be hitting his prime years. And the fee isn't big by today's standards, especially for a player of Varane's quality.

I agree mate.

I pray to God he stays fit for most of the season as when he is 100% fit and playing well is world class.

I hope there is still few more signings from United in the next couple of weeks as the two despite being really good signings are still not enough.

No ones been hypocritical at all I said most clubs don’t like players over 30 but he’s 28 so got a couple of years till that mark be interesting to see contract length

yes all on 1 year contracts as over 30 with options to extend depending on performance

As I said if the player is good and performing at highest level whether over 30 years or not won't make a difference. As the club's would lock them down on shorter contracts more than likely like 1 year ones but will still have them part of the team.

Rumors are 4 year contract with further year option for varane which shows they have faith in him long term.

The length of contract protects the investment - if at 31 years old they decide he's not up to the standard they require, they might recoup £10m of the fee they paid.

As I said if the player is good and performing at highest level whether over 30 years or not won't make a difference. As the club's would lock them down on shorter contracts more than likely like 1 year ones but will still have them part of the team.

Rumors are 4 year contract with further year option for varane which shows they have faith in him long term.
Not a bad contract length imo hopefully performs a lot better then at real over last couple of seasons

The length of contract protects the investment - if at 31 years old they decide he's not up to the standard they require, they might recoup £10m of the fee they paid.
Ye the next two years will be massive for him to see how he performs in the best league on the planet. Will be a tough test for him.

Don't rate Maguire that much he's decent but think varane might get the best out of him and he just seems like a leader which United desperately needs at the back.

Back