Premium Channels not working because of TalkTalk?

Sorry for the late reply with this - only just had time to look into it.

Now, this is likely to make me seem very, very stupid, and fair enough to anyone that labels me that.

Anyway, my roof maybe doesn't have a proper Sky dish - just a standard old-fashioned aerial.

This would obviously indicate why the Sky channels aren't working, but up until about two months ago, I'd been running a Sky FS5 box for a year without problem until my subscription ran out, and they require a Sky dish, right? So maybe the aerial should also work with the ZGemma box?

So yeah, maybe this might make me seem a bit thick but I automatically assumed the dish was all set up based on the fact that I'd been running an FS5 box through the same house.

I'm not at all on the wind-up. As previously mentioned, I'm not very technical with these sorts of things, and I'd had no problems with the FS5 box so I automatically assumed the aerial / dish was all set up for it.

What is confusing me now though, is how I was able to use the FS5 box in the first place.

Yeah it does sound stupid, but the FS5 box worked so I assumed all was good on the dish / aerial / satellite side of things. In hindsight, I know that was a little naive and I apologise to the initial people who were trying to assist me for seemingly wasting their time.

But could someone please confirm that a) you do need a sky dish for an FS5 box; and b) if so, what is the difference between that working and the Zgemma not working?

It sounds like a random question but I'm just trying to get an understanding because I have visions of getting a new dish installed and it still not working. Just feel like I'm going round in circles (probably how you all feel who are trying to help me).

Thanks.

If you have a working Sky FS5 receiver you have a SATELLITE DISH somewhere. If your Zgemman does not work when connected to the cables that were feeding your FS5 box, then the problem probably lies with the connectors on the cables. Remake the connectors and try again.

There are a couple of things it might be Have you got it plugged in to correct tuner on zgemma Tuner A or if you have 2 cables from sat dish Tuner A and Lnb in Also older lnbs will work on F5S. But not on zgemma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My god.. this thread is making my head hurt..

austin1988.. have you actually sent your line to someone to test?

You have to make sure it's in the right format, in the right line for the type of cam you have enabled.. if it's wrong then it wont work, no matter f you plug it in to a satellite dish or a bin lid.

You need a Sky dish for ANY box that receives sky channels.. full stop.. so you have one somewhere.

If your connections work, then they work.. unless you've damaged them taking them off the old box.

Honestly.. start with the basics and make sure you actually have your cam in the right file and the right cam enabled.

if your line starts with C: then it is a CLINE and belongs in CCCam.cfg in /usr/keys. You then need the CCCam enabled as your cam
if your line starts with N: then it is an NLINE and it also belongs in CCCam.cfg in /usr/keys however you will need MGCAMd enabled as your cam
if your line starts CWS then it is a NewcamD line and it belongs in newcamd.list in /usr/keys and you will need MGCAMd enabled as your cam.

If any of this has already been confirmed then apologies.. but **** me.. some of the advise in here is ridiculous.

Also.. if i've made a tit of myself and got the cam lines wrong.. please point it out in the most derogatory way possible so that i learn my lesson.. ta

My god.. this thread is making my head hurt..

austin1988.. have you actually sent your line to someone to test?

You have to make sure it's in the right format, in the right line for the type of cam you have enabled.. if it's wrong then it wont work, no matter f you plug it in to a satellite dish or a bin lid.

You need a Sky dish for ANY box that receives sky channels.. full stop.. so you have one somewhere.

If your connections work, then they work.. unless you've damaged them taking them off the old box.

Honestly.. start with the basics and make sure you actually have your cam in the right file and the right cam enabled.

if your line starts with C: then it is a CLINE and belongs in CCCam.cfg in /usr/keys. You then need the CCCam enabled as your cam
if your line starts with N: then it is an NLINE and it also belongs in CCCam.cfg in /usr/keys however you will need MGCAMd enabled as your cam
if your line starts CWS then it is a NewcamD line and it belongs in newcamd.list in /usr/keys and you will need MGCAMd enabled as your cam.

If any of this has already been confirmed then apologies.. but **** me.. some of the advise in here is ridiculous.

Also.. if i've made a tit of myself and got the cam lines wrong.. please point it out in the most derogatory way possible so that i learn my lesson.. ta

Sorry to say you do not need a Sat dish to receive Sky channels you can get them other ways Internet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an assumption of context here though.. he's got a Line.. that's what he's trying to acheive.. lets not be pedantic.. we're trying to help the guy not confuse him.

If I had a £ for someone did not do the basics I would be rich Also some providers only allow a single line. So if he has twin tuner it's a no go

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am thinking this is likely something basic that I'm doing wrong.

I was pretty adamant that I must have had some sort of dish because of the use of the FS5 box, and I have now found it so that's not the issue.

But reading the recent replies and then having a quick look online, I'm thinking it could be related to the cables.

I saw a screenshot online that suggested I should have two wires connected to the box (apart from the main power, Ethernet cable, and wire that connects to the TV): in the 'LNB' and 'LNB In' ports.

These are the 'sockets' that are supposedly related to the dish / aerial. I currently only have 'LNB' inserted (screenshot attached).

Do I need something in the 'LNB In' port?

Thanks for the replies. Yes I am thinking this is likely something basic that I'm doing wrong.

I was pretty adamant that I must have had some sort of dish because of the use of the FS5 box, and I have now found it so that's not the issue.

But reading the recent replies and then having a quick look online, I'm thinking it could be related to the cables.

I saw a screenshot online that suggested I should have two wires connected to the box (apart from the main power, Ethernet cable, and wire that connects to the TV): in the 'LNB' and 'LNB In' ports.

These are the 'sockets' that are supposedly related to the dish / aerial. I currently only have 'LNB' inserted (screenshot attached).

Do I need something in the 'LNB In' port?

Read the Whooshbuild guide, it tells you everything you need to know :

http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-v5-zgemma-h2s-h2h-h52s-vu-solo4k-vu-plus-zero.109524/

Specifically the section titled : Spoiler: New / First time users - Flashing WooshBuild

However, if you are getting FTA channels, then it's not your cable.. it's just not.

Back