Problem with ZGemma H9.2S box

The initial point of logging in by Putty/Telnet was so that you could stop Enigma2 and then delete files so it can boot. You have logged in fine and should be able to issue any commands that you need.

Using remote, Can you check what image you have and post back details of image name and version number/date. Menu, Information, About.

The initial point of logging in by Putty/Telnet was so that you could stop Enigma2 and then delete files so it can boot. You have logged in fine and should be able to issue any commands that you need.

Using remote, Can you check what image you have and post back details of image name and version number/date. Menu, Information, About.
Is this what you're after
tempImageVbeFjv.jpg

It looks like you've updated openatv to the newest image.
If you want similar skins etc to what you had before you may be better with Grogbuild rather than wooshbuild.

Not sure why you had no space unless the box downloaded 3000 updates, it would have been quicker and easier to reflash than update such an old image

It looks like you've updated openatv to the newest image.
If you want similar skins etc to what you had before you may be better with Grogbuild rather than wooshbuild.

Not sure why you had no space unless the box downloaded 3000 updates, it would have been quicker and easier to reflash than update such an old image
Apologies, I don't know how to reflash and I didn't realise I was deleting stuff when I did the reset/power thing.
I was going through the menus when it came up with an Open Atv update. I installed it.
I have 50.9Mb flash memory left.

Is there a guide for installing grogbuild? Is that the next thing I need to do?
Thanks

In Putty, issue following command and report back with what you get:
df -Th

Can you go to following menu and take a screenshot of what you see please?
Menu > Standby/Restart > Multi-boot

If menu is not available, no problem, just say so.

Apologies, I don't know how to reflash and I didn't realise I was deleting stuff when I did the reset/power thing.
I was going through the menus when it came up with an Open Atv update. I installed it.
I have 50.9Mb flash memory left.

Is there a guide for installing grogbuild? Is that the next thing I need to do?
Thanks
It's entirely up to you.
The box is usable as it is but the skins etc aren't the same.
Follow @Abu Baniaz advice above until the box is stabilised and then you can configure it to exactly as you want it.
It's not a big job.

Just found the Menu for EPG set up and changed save location from internal storage to 'media/hdd'.

Right, Menu -> Standby/Restart:- I do not have a Multi-Boot option
Putty output:
tempImagedgb7ZT.jpg

Signing off for tonight. Will pick this up tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your assistance. I feel like I'm getting somewhere and I have learned a few things on the way

Cheers

Notes
1: Grogbuild: Some very useful and helpful customisation/installations applied to OpenATV image to help users. These have not been updated to python 3.x images yet.
Most of the items in his build are available for users to install from plugin server

2: It seems you installed an image from 2020 using the recovery menu and then applied the 18months plus worth of updates, Not the best way forward.

3: OpenATV 6.4 will stop having updates in a few weeks. It is the last ATV image to use python 2.x. ATv 7.x uses python 3.x. A few plugins have not been updated to python 3 yet.

4: Your USB device is not in a linux file system You only have used ~350Mb out of the 32 GB.

Decision you have to make, further advice will come later. In essence you will have to setup your box
Are you happy to stay on ATV 6.4?
Do you need to install Grogbuild?

Initial recommendations from me:
1. Backup files to PC first, then format/initialise your USB device so it is in a linux file system. You will not be able to hotplug into a windows machine.
2. See here for better screenshots if it helps ( your pictures are clear, just for reference): Taking screen shots and uploading attachments to the forum
3. Whatever you decide above, I recommend a flash/reflash. You can do that using the remote. Let's see what you decide.

You can not use putty and telnet so follow the instructions to install grogs build.
He got putty working according to post #19.
@kybo you need to put a usb in the box and initialise it before you try to install new openatv/Grogbuild.
Menu, setup, system, storage device, click on your usb and press red to initialise it, then follow Grogbuild installation guide

Hi guys,

Thanks for persevering with me. I don't know what I want to do/install/use, to be fair.
All I know is I gave my provider a 6 or 7 digit number that was inside XE plug-in, and I got all the channels.
Do I need to install Grogbuild - truthfully, I don't know if it's necessary or just a fancy guy to make it look nice.
I'm happy to stay with ATV 6.4, unless you advise otherwise - If I was to say I just want to get back to having that code, the easiest way possible, would that help you guide me in the right direction.

What files do I need to back-up to PC? Just those that are currently on the USB stick?
Do I then format it to FAT32? Can that and the initialisation be done whilst it is plugged into the ZGemmma?
Instruction on flashing using the remote would also be appreciated

Thank you

Hi guys,

Thanks for persevering with me. I don't know what I want to do/install/use, to be fair.
All I know is I gave my provider a 6 or 7 digit number that was inside XE plug-in, and I got all the channels.
Do I need to install Grogbuild - truthfully, I don't know if it's necessary or just a fancy guy to make it look nice.
I'm happy to stay with ATV 6.4, unless you advise otherwise - If I was to say I just want to get back to having that code, the easiest way possible, would that help you guide me in the right direction.

What files do I need to back-up to PC? Just those that are currently on the USB stick?
Do I then format it to FAT32? Can that and the initialisation be done whilst it is plugged into the ZGemmma?
Instruction on flashing using the remote would also be appreciated

Thank you
You only need to backup on the pc essential files on your usb, recordings etc.
If there's nothing on there you want then just initialise it in the box.

The eight digit code you gave to your provider has probably gone, once you install the plugin again it will give you a new code, you give that to your provider.

Before you put the XE plugin back on you should really flash it, Grogbuild is quickest and easiest, then install XE, then give provider 8 digit code and you're finished

Not sure what files are 'essential' but there aren't any recordings; whenever I tried it would crash the box.
I believe this is the USB directory:
tempImage1ybhTQ.png
Sorry for image quality - taken from iPhone
Anything there you think I need to keep?

Not sure what files are 'essential' but there aren't any recordings; whenever I tried it would crash the box.
View attachment 84676
Nope. Initialise it using the remote then it's ready to be used to store temp flash files, you can either flash plain openatv online with the remote or Grogbuild via command line

View attachment 84676
No unless you have this set up on satellite as well and have clines etc.

Cool, once I initialise it I'd like to use FlashExpander to increase its memory - is using this plug-in easy to follow?

After that I just need to follow the guide to install GrogBuild, then XE? Is that correct?

Cool, once I initialise it I'd like to use FlashExpander to increase its memory - is using this plug-in easy to follow?
I've never used flash expander.
The reason your memory filled up is because you tried to update after two years and there were too many for the box to handle.
If you want to install updates you have to do it daily or at least a few times a week.

They're not worth bothering with

After that I just need to follow the guide to install GrogBuild, then XE? Is that correct?
That is correct

Great stuff.
I'll read through the guide a few times before I do it; probably tomorrow when I have more time.

Cheers

Back