Problem with ZGemma H9.2S box

Cool, once I initialise it I'd like to use FlashExpander to increase its memory - is using this plug-in easy to follow?

After that I just need to follow the guide to install GrogBuild, then XE? Is that correct?
Stay away from flash expander with grogs build as grogs will use and install some files to usb, flash expander would wipe that if you then tried to expand to that usb.

You could after the install and setup of grogs stick a sd card in and then use flash expander choosing the SD card as its target.

Last edited:
Stay away from flash expander with grogs build as grogs will use and install some files to usb, flash expander would wipe that if you then tried to expand to that usb.

You could after the install and setup of grogs stick a sd card in and then use flash expander choosing the SD card as its target.
Ah, OK.

I already ran flash expander, but I haven't installed grog build yet - I'm attempting to do that now.
Is this going to be an issue or do you mean don't use Flash expander AFTER installing grog build?
If it is a problem how do I revert?
Thanks
TKK

Ah, OK.

I already ran flash expander, but I haven't installed grog build yet - I'm attempting to do that now.
Is this going to be an issue or do you mean don't use Flash expander AFTER installing grog build?
If it is a problem how do I revert?
Thanks
TKK
Yes you've done it the wrong way around, put Grogbuild on first, THEN install flash expander

Yes you've done it the wrong way around, put Grogbuild on first, THEN install flash expander
About right, for me!

So, now stuck on mounting USB - the guide says make sure usb is mounted to media/hdd. Mine now says
Mount: /usr
Device: /dev/sda1

I can't use 'Unmount' as it says: make sure it's not being used for swap or record/timeshift paths.

How do I fix this? Do I 'Initialise' it again?

Cheers

You need to re initilise that usb stilck to wipe what flash expander does.

After that just double check the usb is mounted and mounted to media/usb then move on to installing grogs.

You need to re initilise that usb stilck to wipe what flash expander does.

After that just double check the usb is mounted and mounted to media/usb then move on to installing grogs.
Jeez, I don't make things easy:
Clicked Initialise
Formatting storage device...
Error: unmount: can't unmount /usr: device or resource busy.

I have been clicking Unmount and set mount in the Blue Button -> plugins -> Mounts -> Device manager to see if I could change it.
Sorry
Reboot box or remove USB and plug it back in? Wait a bit?

Jeez, I don't make things easy:
Clicked Initialise
Formatting storage device...
Error: unmount: can't unmount /usr: device or resource busy.

I have been clicking Unmount and set mount in the Blue Button -> plugins -> Mounts -> Device manager to see if I could change it.
Sorry
Reboot box or remove USB and plug it back in? Wait a bit?
If your struggling power down the box unplug usb and format the usb stick to fat 32 on a PC.
Then Initilise and mount to media/usb

The error your seeing is probably because you used flash expander on it.

If your struggling power down the box unplug usb and format the usb stick to fat 32 on a PC.
Then Initilise and mount to media/usb

The error your seeing is probably because you used flash expander on it.
I pulled the power and plugged it back in - this allowed me to initialise the USB
Does this automatically mount it as well? Clicking the blue button (mount) didn't seem to do anything
I went into Mount manager and it says:
Mount: /media/hdd

Is that right? The grog guide say hdd but you mention usb.
Does it matter?
Sorry, I just don't want to make things worse
Cheers

I pulled the power and plugged it back in - this allowed me to initialise the USB
Does this automatically mount it as well? Clicking the blue button (mount) didn't seem to do anything
I went into Mount manager and it says:
Mount: /media/hdd

Is that right? The grog guide say hdd but you mention usb.
Does it matter?
Sorry, I just don't want to make things worse
Cheers
Once initialised you can run Grogbuild command line in terminal

So, it looks like grog build has installed.

I've gotten as far as the AutoBouquetsMaker Providers but I don't see any.
Is that correct for my set up?
Do I need to install the XE plug in now - if so, how?
Thanks

So, it looks like grog build has installed.

I've gotten as far as the AutoBouquetsMaker Providers but I don't see any.
Is that correct for my set up?
Do I need to install the XE plug in now - if so, how?
Thanks
Your ABM should be set up to scan for Freesat channels for your region...I thought you said you used it for free satellite channels?
If not, you don't need this.

To install the XE plugin you need to do it by command line in terminal and press enter

wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

Your ABM should be set up to scan for Freesat channels for your region.

To install the XE plugin you need to do it by command line in terminal and press enter

wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh
When it came to the sky set up I clicked 0
When it came to the freest set up I again clicked 0, as I couldn't scroll up the terminal window to find my correct region. I imagine my region will be East Midlands but I don't know the number to press.

Do I need to start over?

EDIT: the laptop just bombed out and the cursor wouldn't move. Wouldn't switch apps, or restart - had to force shut down

When it came to the sky set up I clicked 0
When it came to the freest set up I again clicked 0, as I couldn't scroll up the terminal window to find my correct region. I imagine my region will be East Midlands but I don't know the number to press.

Do I need to start over?

EDIT: the laptop just bombed out and the cursor wouldn't move. Wouldn't switch apps, or restart - had to force shut down
Do you normally use Freesat?
Is there a satellite wire into the box?
If not you don't need to do anything.
If you want Freesat you can set this up in ABM providers.
Choose UK satellite, free to air and choose your region from the list

Do you normally use Freesat?
If not you don't need to do anything.
If you want Freesat you can set this up in ABM providers.
Choose UK satellite, free to air and choose your region from the list
Sorry but I can't see 'ABM providers' anywhere - could you share the path to it? Or maybe it's called something slightly different

Cheers

ABM will only show you providers that you have tuners configured. Please answer these question:
Do you normally use Free to Air satellite channels such as ITV1?

Can you then post pictures of the tuner configuration of the box.

ABM will only show you providers that you have tuners configured. Please answer this question: Is there a satellite wire into the box?

Can you then post pictures of the tuner configuration of the box.
Ah, sorry - there are no sat cables attached to either tuner.
I thought they'd be available over the internet

Back