Pub News.

Our pub manager told me Molson Coors who brew Carling lager and cider, Grolsch, Peroni, Worthingtons Caffreys etc in Burton on Trent face huge losses. They have thousands of acres to grow Hops and Barley which they are contracted to buy which will go to waste. The pubs owner told him the wages to top up the 20% wage shortfall will cost £20,000 per month (he owns 5 pubs in all) which he can borrow interest free. All of this cost will need to be added to the price of a pint when pubs eventually re-open.

Everywhere near me where i work is in lockdown,barbers,pub,restaurants,nail and beauty bar and now small cafe that did takeaway now closed so no coffee or lovely sambos.Only the garda station and garage and sales left but for how long.Interesting time ahead for all.

My mate is screwed over as he's a dj for pubs ect tonight he's lost on £150 as worked every Saturday night and can't get help with him been self employed for been a dj but does other work during week

It had to happen.
All taxi drivers now destitute as almost all are self employed.
All restaurants now closed which will put extra strain on supermarkets for food but this will ease off in coming weeks, people can only hoard so much and then the supermarkets won't be able to sell their stocks as no one buying.
Pubs were more than just pints. Darts and pool teams, quiz teams, social hubs where old people met for coffee and cakes each week and obviously massive employers of part time staff , single mums and young students etc, all gone now
self employed should have income protection policy. if not their loss

I don't think the Molson Coors thing will be such a big loss. The Barley and Hops will go to make canned beer/lager/cider which has a long shelf life so it won't go to waste. The demand for these canned products will be massive now the pubs are closed. If a bloke drinks 8 pints a week he will probably drink the equivalent in cans, or more if he is off work. The government will be the big losers as pub drinks are taxed to death. :sick:

I have just noticed a local pub in my street is letting his regulars in for a drink although the curtains are all closed, what a plonker he is, plus not helping the virus spread one bit.

All business should be closing putting people lives at risk hope the first minster here brings in law to shut them down instead of being ask to next week feel for Self Employed hope they get paid much more and get the help they need.

Put the country in complete lockdown this county will end up like Italy or worse if people don’t start listening and take the health advice your drinks etc can wait to this is over if you don’t take the health advice then you won’t see your next drink etc simple as that if you ignore this and go out for anything other than Essential then I have no symphony for you your risking other people health. Everyone need to take care of their family friends and everyone around them.emoji_clap

Someone has put a post on wednesbury updates (Facebook) by me about the local pub letting regulars in through the back gate, the gaffer must have seen it as he is turning the customers away today, case closed.

Back