Pubs.

Jethro

TK Veteran
As of Saturday 4th july we are allowed back in to our favourite pub for a drink with family or friends, what's people's views on going in as of Saturday, do you think it is to early for pubs to open or do you think it's safe to do so, as I'm in doubt whether people will keep a safe distance, I just can't see it working, what's your views fellow techies.??

Don't go out my self apart from when it's a niche allniter or bass fest lol.
Will people be willing to go out as some may have seen its cheaper to stay in and have a drink in house although not same atmosphere.
I can see pubs been rammed and no social distancing even tho in place the older generation that usually go to wmc will be looking forward to it as that's there routine but personally think its a disaster waiting to happen, only time will tell like everything else

I think it's an idiotic idea.
Opening on a Saturday will be chaos, they should have made it a Tuesday or a Wednesday.
I'll be going out and so will everyone else, 'once a year' drinkers will all be out along with all the other toss pots who are rolling around on the floor after half a pint so I'll swerve the normal pub for a week or so until all the local gobshites have had enough and I'll go for a pint at little club which never gets many in and is very spacious. If it's managed to stay afloat through the lockdown, it was on its arse before all this.

Yeah i agree I love going the pub with my pals but I wont be going for quite some time yet, I know a guy who runs a pub and he's said what am I supposed to do? He said he will do everything the government is asking but what happens when there all bladderd out their nuts and no 1 is following rules, only so much he can do and all pub owners in all fairness but I wont be going near one yet

Its likely to be carnage in larger venues

If I was in my twenties I'd be going mental being able to go out as group and meet other groups again.

Now couldn't think of anything worse.

Most pubs now are just nice places for families to eat. Those sorts of places will be fine.

My local is split into two and has a capacity of about 80
One side holds 60 the other is the bar that holds about 20
I've never seen more than a dozen people in there before LD
I used to nip round about 9pm and have a few, he closed at 11.
What he'll have to do now is limit people coming in.
Which is why I won't be bothering with it for a week...once the novelty has worn off ill start nipping in for a few, there'll be me, old fella with his dog in corner and one or two others, like it always was

looking at previous comments, trust me, it won't be "carnage" :laughing:

as long as everyone sticks to social distancing it is probably a lot safer than going to the supermarket or any other retail establishment.

our local is not opening until monday 6th, the july 4th date is when pubs are allowed to open, not when they have to.

tables need to be booked, no walk-ins.

all tables are seperated by at least 2m, not the new 1m rule.

toilets are 1 in , 1 out with a toilet attendant and dedicated cleaner.

floor markers dictate a 2m distance between people queuing at the bar.

there are only 2 tills in use to maintain distancing behind the bar.

waitress service only.

use of app to order is preferred.

all food and drinks are served to a table at least 2m away from the purchaser.

it's a hell of a lot safer than walking round our local tesco where everyone ignores the 1 way system and even the staff gather in groups of 2 or 3 to stock the shelves or fridges.

engage your brain, follow the house rules and you will be safer than most places (y)

The pissheads will be meeting up for the football too,disaster in my view.
Managers/landlords will do what they always have - refuse to serve anyone getting out of order.
They should be closed down forcibly if not adhering to guidelines. Allowing gangs of footy fans in is a big no-no in my view and it would be wise to take TV's out of the equation until the current situation improves. No one needs to go to a pub to watch football these days, everyone's got a firestick at home (y)

also , from a business point of view, i can see the pub taking as much as normal.

people like pub food :blush:

capacity is 220 seats , now down to 100.

rather than having 220 people in for 90 minutes or so and then a lull for a couple of hours with maybe 20 people in, people will have to accept available dining times rather than dictate them should they not be available.

i can see the pub being full for most of the day now rather than footfall being sporadic.

we will see soon enough (y)

as long as everyone sticks to social distancing it is probably a lot safer than going to the supermarket or any other retail establishment.

our local is not opening until monday 6th, the july 4th date is when pubs are allowed to open, not when they have to.

waitress service only.

it's a hell of a lot safer than walking round our local tesco where everyone ignores the 1 way system and even the staff gather in groups of 2 or 3 to stock the shelves or fridges.

engage your brain, follow the house rules and you will be safer than most places (y)
I totally agree with you m8, but you will get some pub landlords who will not give a f**k , all they want is you're money and it's those landlords that will start another pandemic m8.

Managers/landlords will do what they always have - refuse to serve anyone getting out of order.
They should be closed down forcibly if not adhering to guidelines. Allowing gangs of footy fans in is a big no-no in my view and it would be wise to take TV's out of the equation until the current situation improves. No one needs to go to a pub to watch football these days, everyone's got a firestick at home (y)
My landlord has got a firestick too (y) :ROFLMAO:

I totally agree with you m8, but you will get some pub landlords who will not give a f**k , all they want is you're money and it's those landlords that will start another pandemic m8.

as it should be with any business in the current climate. ignore the rules at the time and all is good.

it matters not whether its a pub, supermarket, superstore or local shop.

we bought a sofa from scs a few weeks ago when they reopened. guided round a 1 way system with social distancing observed and it was a pleasant experience. had a great bit of banter with the salesman primarily because it took us 2 hours to do a lap of the store and sort out the purchase.

as it should be with any business in the current climate. ignore the rules at the time and all is good.

it matters not whether its a pub, supermarket, superstore or local shop.

we bought a sofa from scs a few weeks ago when they reopened. guided round a 1 way system with social distancing observed and it was a pleasant experience. had a great bit of banter with the salesman primarily because it took us 2 hours to do a lap of the store and sort out the purchase.
Only 2hrs is that a new record pmsl

waitress service only.

No Walk ins ? good luck with that one.

Personally I or my immediate family won't be going to either pubs or restaurants until a proven vaccine is widely available.

No Walk ins ? good luck with that one.
any particular reason why?

one main door in and out.

staff on the door.

local police station 100m away.

trust me, nobody has ever gotten served in there when they are told "no" , it is simply not allowed.

Personally I or my immediate family won't be going to either pubs or restaurants until a proven vaccine is widely available.
do any of you go to the supermarket?

there will be people in certain high risk categories that shouldn't be going out anywhere.

the generally health percentage of the population should be at no more risk of contracting anything in a correctly set up pub environment than they are in going food shopping (y)

do any of you go to the supermarket?

there will be people in certain high risk categories that shouldn't be going out anywhere.

the generally health percentage of the population should be at no more risk of contracting anything in a correctly set up pub environment than they are in going food shopping (y)
Wife and I get home deliveries from supermarket, son in law has on mabe 2 or 3 occasions picked up an item that we have run out of. I did go into Aldis last week first time since LD , but wont be doing that again , very few people wearing masks.

Back