Pubs.

My son is a kitchen manager in a 'spoons and he said Saturday was the quietest Saturday he's ever seen in there. We also drove past our local saturday early evening and it looked dead.

On the other hand, there was a handful of pubs in a town a few miles away that had to close saturday night due to 'unsociable behaviour'.

I have read Wolverhampton and Dudley could follow Leicester and go into lockdown, only blame the government for opening pubs to early, thinking of the economy not people's lives.

I have read Wolverhampton and Dudley could follow Leicester and go into lockdown, only blame the government for opening pubs to early, thinking of the economy not people's lives.
the pubs only opened two days ago and they're being blamed for local lockdown already, please get real if they have to go into local lock down it's not because the pubs opened on Saturday, it's because people couldn't follow the rules a week or so before then.

the pubs only opened two days ago and they're being blamed for local lockdown already, please get real if they have to go into local lock down it's not because the pubs opened on Saturday, it's because people couldn't follow the rules a week or so before then.
Sorry m8, didn't mean it that way, I meant to say opening pubs wont help the situation in those areas :unsure: (y)

Sorry m8, didn't mean it that way, I meant to say opening pubs wont help the situation in those areas :unsure: (y)
NO you're right, but apart from the economical side of thngs, people need to get back to work for their own health and well being and hospitality is a massive employer.

In an ideal world we would stay in lockdown until a vacine is found but we don't live in an ideal world and we have to try to get back to some kind of normality which includes pubs, hotels, restaraunts and cafe's all opening up.

For me it's either all in all out. We are playing stupid idiot games now, 2m to 1m , wtf does that mean ??. you can you cant , you can protest with a banner virtually hand in hand but you gotta steer clear of the guy in front of you getting a pint of milk in Tesco's. Pub's ?, honestly, did they think everyone was going to go out and stand behind lines 1 pint then f off home ?. This is how friggin stupid and how unattached our Gov is from the working class public.
Then the so called bubble , wtf is this all about ?. Allowed so many friends, choose ? do you know if they've got Covid?? , can't travel here but can travel there. This has all gone to far, this lockdown should have been till the end of July minimum to give us all a fighting chance.

I reckon we should make sure those "who" at risk , the vulnerable ,the aged, those having treatment are kept safe and locked away from us all and looked after along with those in hospital. As for the rest of us ?, free for all.

I'm out at the shops walking around the local park and I cannot see much social distancing going on. The vast majority of people will more than likely unknowingly have already had it A symptomatic and if you haven't and you contract it will be no more than mild flu. Figures say 80% will never show signs so without everyone been tested how do you fight an invisible virus?. Don't quote me on this but it's around 570 people per 1,000,000 will die from the Corona virus thats low and can be made lower if we look after those who need help . The Gov cannot still ask us to be careful but it's ok to go and get ratted. And there is no one Policing this 1m 2m bubble bollox.
The Government made the decision to open things back up far too early and slowly which is totally impossible, it's either not foot in the pool or dive in and swim away.

Our idiotic government have asked us to go back to normal but keep your distance ?? sorry but the 2 do not go hand in hand. We are a social beast and there's an awful alot of us.

The barn gates open and the chickens are running wild, try putting them back in Boris

Last edited:
For me it's either all in all out. We are playing stupid idiot games now, 2m to 1m , wtf does that mean ??. you can you cant , you can protest with a banner virtually hand in hand but you gotta steer clear of the guy in front of you getting a pint of milk in Tesco's. Pub's ?, honestly, did they think everyone was going to go out and stand behind lines 1 pint then f off home ?. This is how friggin stupid and how unattached our Gov is from the working class public.
Then the so called bubble , wtf is this all about ?. Allowed so many friends, choose ? do you know if they've got Covid?? , can't travel here but can travel there. This has all gone to far, this lockdown should have been till the end of July minimum to give us all a fighting chance.

I reckon we should make sure those "who" at risk , the vulnerable ,the aged, those having treatment are kept safe and locked away from us all and looked after alonmg with those in hospital. As for the rest of us ?, free for all.

I'm out at the shops walking around the local park and I cannot see much social distancing going on. The vast majority of people will more than likely unknowingly have already had it A symptomatic and if you haven't and you contract it will be no more than mild flu. Figures say 80% will never show signs so wityhout everyone been tested whow do you fiht an invisible virus?. The Gov cannot still ask us to be careful but it's ok to go and get ratted. And there is no one Policing this 1m 2m bubble bollox.
The Government made the decision to open things back up far too early and slowly which is totally impossible, it's either not foot in the pool or dive in and swim away.

The barn gates open and the chickens are running wild, try putting them back in Boris
I don't remember anyone saying you can protest hand in hand, people, most of whom were in a higher risk group , decided to break the rules and protest, even if we was still in full lock down they would have still protested.

As for the bubble, you're right you don't know if others in your bubble have covid or not, but if you stick to your bubble then if you catch it, it is easier to track who you have been in contact with.

We can't blame the government for the stupidity of people, we are meant to be responsible adults on the whole, we shouldn't need policing every time we go to the shops, if someone gets too close then tell them to back off, if you can't keep your distance then expect to be told by someone else. The weekend showed that, the majority of pubs, even those where the media reported from, were quiet, and people who were there social distanced, Only a small percentage of pubs got out of hand.

You can't just open everything up at once, that would make no sense what so ever, it MUST be gradual reopening to see what effect each stage is having.

All the time we're in lockdown and on 'scare alert' sick people are getting sicker because their treatments have been put on hold, many sat at home on their own are having mental issues, those that are furloughed are getting stressed because the longer the lock down goes on the less likely they will have a job at the end of it, all of which will add to the mental health services that are already struggling.

We know that those people complaining that the government relaxed the lockdown for economic reasons rather than our lives are going to be the very same people that complain when this is all over and our taxes shoot up and benefits get cut in order to pay for it all and the unemployment figures are sky high and will blame the government for it.

UK Govt should follow the threats made by Nicola Sturgeon, any misbehaviour and everyone gets drowned.
She said she'll put everyone in Loch Doon :unsure:

Back