WOW....swerve that then. Hadn't looked at that costs for it. May be ok for a business but for normal home users that is a ridiculous price.

I'll never slate virmin media again at them prices :LOL:
If you stay with VM though they gradually get to that price :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I left them recently only to go with them again through my missus to get the new customer and best price. Must have cost them money to pick up the kit I had only to drop the new router off. No loyalty discounts that beat the new customer prices at the moment. Anyway thats another topic probably best left for the rant page haha!!

Seen something on news it think it was the other week about BT quoting a rurual customer over 100K to install BB. So starlink would certainly be more cost effective for them.

@Jakefoster95 have you tried speaking to the owner of the site to see what the situation is with the internet and if so what did they say? Maybe the connection is being throtteled by the owner. If there is a few of you on the site complaing about the speed then could you speak to the owner about chipping in to increase the BB speeds. Just realised but you haven't mentioned is it Wi-Fi that you are getting for your connection? If so, what is the signal quality like?

Just seen this thread, i did lots of experimenting with 4g 5g huawei routers, in 2 locations, middle of a council housing estate with no clear line of sight to mast, other in country side with reasonable unobstructed route to mast. Smarty do unlimited sim for £20/month cancel renewal at any point and it runs to the end if your current 30 day period so very easy to cancel. Worst case performance, b525 ran at about 6meg down, b818/h112 gave about 20 meg down. At peak times might drop to a couple if megs intetmittenly. Best location, country side, 40+ meg constant, could get more too with ee.

Down side latency is about 60, on vm it is 2-3.

The h112 5g router was fastest but the phone socket wouldnt work so no way to make phone calls over the sim card. I sold the 5g router and kept the 4g 818.

If any one wants to try smarty, users like me can issue a referral link, i have unlimited package, if you use a referral link from someone with an unlimited package you get unlimited for free next time your 30 day contract renews and the referrer does too

Back