question about openwebif streams

Janso

TK Veteran
I've got a cable receiver in one room of the house and a satellite one in another - is it possible to use the M3U file from the cable channels as a stream on the satellite box?

Yes you can download the m3u and use m2b bouquets converter plugin to convert it to bouquets or you could try the channels importer plugin.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've tried using the m2b plugin, didn't work when I tried it though. I'll have a look at the channels importer plugin though.

For the m3u method in openwebif download the m3u to desktop and use this plugin to convert it to bouquet http://www.techkings.org/threads/m3u-to-bouquet-converter-plugin-m2b-0-4-r0.115353/

For channels importer plugin it's not something I've tried but you should be able to download it from plugins, system plugins

Once done reboot box then menu, setup service searching, channels importer the rest is self explanatory put the ip address of the box configure when you want to download etc

Looks like it doesn't give you much choice on what it imports. I had a go tonight and it downloaded everything from my other box and the imported channels didn't work.

It imports everything but works well I find. Mind disable all tuners on it then imported channels should clear if the provider isn't being watched on the main box.

Last edited:
Ah, I see. So it's an all or nothing approach by the looks of it. Was only wanting to stick streams from the sports and movies HD channels on the other box as I don't really use the second cable tuner much if ever.

Yup as you need to disable all tuners. Your IPTV bouquets are usable to if have that

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Back