Question Regarding my Disk Drive

spike24

hi guys can someone tell me how to tell if i have DUAL LAYER rewriter and if it is a +or- i have a sony vio VGN-NS20E laptop also an ACER desktop carn't remember what model and both run vista.

hi guys can someone tell me how to tell if i have DUAL LAYER rewriter and if it is a +or- i have a sony vio VGN-NS20E laptop also an ACER desktop carn't remember what model and both run vista.

Hello spike. Can you locate the make and model of your ODD?

Last edited:

Spike not sure a NEW thread wouldn't have been better but I'll assist you the best that I can. ;)

Just a quick search for the lappy you have reveled this page at Sony. ;)

Your lappy specs

Here's what I read about your optical drive....

DVD+-RW/+-R DL/RAM

So it looks like you not only have DL support but DVD RAM as well... nice ODD if it works correctly. :)

sonyvaiolappy.png

Hello spike. Can you locate the make and model of your ODD?

If you wanna know what the other drives are in the other machine we need to know the model and make plus if you've ever changed anything in the machine or if someone else has..... removing the ODD will reveal the model and make if you have to go that far... easy to do but you have to turn the power OFF first. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers guys my other desk top is an ACER ASPIRE L3600 and no nothing has been changed had it from new,does this also mean that my sony is dual layer writter and this might sound thick but what does the DVD RAM mean-what does it do

hi guys can you answer me a question please it might sound like i am a little thick but not quite sure,in greensmans post it say my hard drive type is serial ATA,my question is do i have an open SATA port on my motherboard.

so if not then what does it mean by an open SATA port on the motherboard and do you know how i find out if i have this or not cause i have a desk top that i would like to check thanks

if you put up the modle and make of your desk top i have a look an try and find out for you

Back