Recommend a Mini Android Box?

Most of the Chinese android boxes only have the widevine level 3, so if you use legit subs Amazon Prime and Netflix they will only play at 480p.

4K firestick or Formuler Z7

I have both firestick and z7+, and much prefer the formuler. Better interface, MyTvonline app seems more stable than android apps I use iptv on. Firestick is OK for a bedroom or backup device imo but a box is much more user friendly.

The formuler z7+ has been out a while now though, so if I was buying a new box I'd be looking at something more recent.

I have both firestick and z7+, and much prefer the formuler. Better interface, MyTvonline app seems more stable than android apps I use iptv on. Firestick is OK for a bedroom or backup device imo but a box is much more user friendly.

The formuler z7+ has been out a while now though, so if I was buying a new box I'd be looking at something more recent.
Or there's mytv2 android out app now for firesticks ect

Or there's mytv2 android out app now for firesticks ect

MTOL2 is the software you are thinking about and it cannot be emulated on a device that does not have a dedicated remote control with custom buttons associated to it. A similar Buzzbox has dedicated buttons on the remote for record, pause, rewind, VOD, Server, Recordings, LiveTV (same as MTOL2) last prog, EPG, TV series, category. It is the dedicated remote combined with the software that makes them so good.

You can emulate the software but you can't emulate the remote needed to run it properly. :love:

MTOL2 is the software you are thinking about and it cannot be emulated on a device that does not have a dedicated remote control with custom buttons associated to it. A similar Buzzbox has dedicated buttons on the remote for record, pause, rewind, VOD, Server, Recordings, LiveTV (same as MTOL2) last prog, EPG, TV series, category. It is the dedicated remote combined with the software that makes them so good.

You can emulate the software but you can't emulate the remote needed to run it properly. :love:
No you can't but works well on firestick using fs remote can be a bit iffy but works well

Implayer is the so called impostor well its not as the features are way more advanced then mol2 couple it with a flirc receiver and you can make any remote do what you want, and the best bit is you can run implayer on android boxes with better spec.

I have had a Z7+ and Z8 btw.

Ok, so got the X96 Max + box.

Little bit disappointed to be honest.

Cons -

Boot time is slow. Takes 5 seconds just for the box to display "boot".

Cetus play doesn't seem to work properly. Can't type from phone to box, so setting up accounts for IPTV, Netflix, etc are slow.

The remote doesn't seem to responsive as it should be. Might be poor infa red range?

navigating menus has annoying sound and it wasn't obvious how to turn off. However I eventually found it to be the notifications volume. Makes no sense whatsoever

just noticed now after turning box on that WiFi was not auto connecting and was turned off. Not sure why but there is a software update to do, so could be that helps fix a few issues

Pro -

Iptv is noticeably quicker. There was lag changing channels (I use Xciptv) especially in hd on my tx3 mini. My WiFi speed has improved a lot. Was getting on average 20mb using tx3, but now getting over 40mb, as I'm now using 5ghz. This also seems to have helped my signal on my H5.2tc box upstairs, which also runs on WiFi. There was no buffering at all last night, even with channels in hd which requirer higher speeds.

Overall it was worth £45 to get better speeds and more stable and quicker streaming (not just IPTV, but Netflix YouTube). If that all use an an android box for then I wouldnt bother paying much more for other similar spec boxes

Think the update ironed out a few bugs. Seems a little more responsive after update

Cons -

Cetus play doesn't seem to work properly. Can't type from phone to box, so setting up accounts for IPTV, Netflix, etc are slow.

The remote doesn't seem to responsive as it should be. Might be poor infa red range?

navigating menus has annoying sound and it wasn't obvious how to turn off. However I eventually found it to be the notifications volume. Makes no sense whatsoever

just noticed now after turning box on that WiFi was not auto connecting and was turned off. Not sure why but there is a software update to do, so could be that helps fix a few issues

Pro -

Iptv is noticeably quicker. There was lag changing channels (I use Xciptv) especially in hd on my tx3 mini. My WiFi speed has improved a lot. Was getting on average 20mb using tx3, but now getting over 40mb, as I'm now using 5ghz. This also seems to have helped my signal on my H5.2tc box upstairs, which also runs on WiFi. There was no buffering at all last night, even with channels in hd which requirer higher speeds.

Overall it was worth £45 to get better speeds and more stable and quicker streaming (not just IPTV, but Netflix YouTube). If that all use an an android box for then I wouldnt bother paying much more for other similar spec boxes

Think the update ironed out a few bugs. Seems a little more responsive after update

Good review, cheers for posting (y)

All the remotes for Chinese android boxes are crap.
Better off buying a wireless keyboard remote it makes life much easier.
And that annoying sound when your navigating can be switched off in your settings.

Cons -

Pro -

Solid review cheers mate

I've just added a 2019 Nvidia Shield (the tube one) to my collection and whilst a bit pricey (£149.00) it is a great Android TV box (tube). I'm so impressed with it that it's replaces the 4k firestick as my go to decive and I will buy the Shield Pro version when it becomes available again to replace the main TVs firestick.

Back