Can anyone point me in the right direction for recovery software .... I accidently put an operating system on a hard drive by accident and I've lost all me photos and basically 10 years of work. .... I'm at the desperate stage now lol ....

Any help would be brilliant

Barney

The best thing you can do is to stop adding things to the computer until you are sorted.
My experience is that most of the free programmes aren't great, and it may take a professional which is damned expensive.
The program mentioned above is probably the best one out there, but try them all. I know it's too late now, but invest in an external hard drive for backup.

Photorec
Works great,
Whatever you try,
Most important thing is STOP using the pc, take the HDD out and put it in a caddy and use another pc to access it.

I used one recovery software for one of my Windows 10 client when he accidentally lost all his data after software update

Stellar Phoenix
is multi-featured data recovery application lives up to its name, offering stellar performance and design. Stellar Phoenix is a high-end, user-friendly recovery software that comes in several editions. Try it.

Regards,
Adrian

Can anyone point me in the right direction for recovery software .... I accidently put an operating system on a hard drive by accident and I've lost all me photos and basically 10 years of work. .... I'm at the desperate stage now lol ....

Any help would be brilliant

Barney
Have no idea if you've solved the problem but I've been in similar situation. I used Partition Recovery software from DiskInternals. Helped a lot!

Back