Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

If its the end of the contract then Yes if its not then No,If your constantly ringing them that probably does not help,there probably going not this customer again.
I figured in contract they won't do anything at all even where loyalty discounts end.

Not sure where you got "constantly ringing" from first time I actually rang them since the reps stopped calling themselves.

Glad you got jokes though.

majority of people on here got a deal straight away pretty much after cancelling. Retentions called most people here the day after cancelling.

Can’t help but think you jepodised something your end by possibly over calling or haggling too much that your account got flagged for no further call backs.

While they are keen to keep as many people you’re only paying for BB and Phone they probably had bigger fish to fry on more expensive contracts then chasing you for you to finally agree to a sub £25/20 contract or whatever you were after. Time is also money. And Virgin may have saved 5 contracts for the time it took and effort it took for you to agree to new terms.

majority of people on here got a deal straight away pretty much after cancelling. Retentions called most people here the day after cancelling.

Can’t help but think you jepodised something your end by possibly over calling or haggling too much that your account got flagged for no further call backs.

While they are keen to keep as many people you’re only paying for BB and Phone they probably had bigger fish to fry on more expensive contracts then chasing you for you to finally agree to a sub £25/20 contract or whatever you were after. Time is also money. And Virgin may have saved 5 contracts for the time it took and effort it took for you to agree to new terms.
Of course you would say that. Seems like a dig as usual from you and a certain few others.

If you bother to read what I said I have only called them once not multiple times like your implying.

If haggling originally by asking to do at least for same price then yes I have jeopardised.

Actually think they just don't want to match the old price because of how good that deal was.

Good input though

Of course you would say that. Seems like a dig as usual from you and a certain few others.

If you bother to read what I said I have only called them once not multiple times like your implying.

If haggling originally by asking to do at least for same price then yes I have jeopardised.

Actually think they just don't want to match the old price because of how good that deal was.

Good input though

To you it feels like a dig as usual....Usually, most people on here are trying to help you with zero gratitude from yourself. But heyho I digress.

Without digging through 30 pages I know for a fact you've been in contact with Virgin several times....You phoned them up about the Volt packages several times too and the free Mesh/Powerplugs systems they do. But what do I know. At a guess your account has been flagged for no further call backs from retentions however they could call you the very last day of your cool off.

To you it feels like a dig as usual....Usually, most people on here are trying to help you with zero gratitude from yourself. But heyho I digress.

Without digging through 30 pages I know for a fact you've been in contact with Virgin several times....You phoned them up about the Volt packages several times too and the free Mesh/Powerplugs systems they do. But what do I know. At a guess your account has been flagged for not further call backs from retentions however they could call you the very last day of your cool off.
I appreciate the help from people contrary to what you say. BUT making statements about being sensitive and certain people making "jokes" which is basically digs and would go as far as saying certain people here come across as bullies plain and simple when it comes across with my posts. But I dont appreciate help, ignore advice and waste peoples times supposedly...okay.

Go read through the thread all you want. Yes I phoned them regarding volt when I originally took o2 contract and same time enquired about the Pods. Where the heck have I said over the last few pages I called them up to negotiate a new deal would really like to see that post and will gladly admit I was wrong? VM called me multiple times when first put cancellation notice then after that first few calls I didnt hear from them again. Last week of this month I planned to call them which I didnt recently to no avail.

I will not accept being called a liar by you or anyone else do you understand.

I appreciate the help from people contrary to what you say. BUT making statements about being sensitive and certain people making "jokes" which is basically digs and would go as far as saying certain people here come across as bullies plain and simple when it comes across with my posts. But I dont appreciate help, ignore advice and waste peoples times supposedly...okay.

Are you referring to your thread that got removed the other week? If I remember rightly, I said I didn''t want to offend you and I know you are sensitive but you weren't taking any advice on that thread by the several people that were really trying to help you.

I only said I can't help but think you jepodised a Virgin call back that's all. And as always you jumped on the offensive and I was 'digging' at you. Why do you think they aren't calling you back? They've called 99% of people back on this thread fine. Most people have now moved on with better deals.

If you truly went back and read everything over the years You'd see I've helped you so much mate and you know it.

Are you referring to your thread that got removed the other week? If I remember rightly, I said I didn''t want to offend you and I know you are sensitive but you weren't taking any advice on that thread by the several people that were really trying to help you.

I only said I can't help but think you jepodised a Virgin call back that's all. And as always you jumped on the offensive and I was 'digging' at you. Why do you think they aren't calling you back? They've called 99% of people back on this thread fine. Most people have now moved on with better deals.

If I truly went back and read everything over the years I have helped you so much mate and you know it.

You dont even know me so making judgements and calling me sensitive aint on but tbh I aint someone who gets offended so you and others can have digs, make "jokes" and humiliate me on an open forum as much as you want. I am past that phase in my life now. I have more things to worry about personally than bullies online.

Great you got the deal and good for others and genuinely mean that. Who knows my fault I guess that I jeapordised it all. I will accept the price increase and will accept the £60 odd quid they will take from me late this year when the discounts end. Problem solved!

Whatever man you and others do whatever the bloody hell you want I am done with it all!!!!

In theory just think how many people will be doing the exact same with the price hike ect so imo they could be overloaded by the work load.
But CK are you in contract with them or is your contract due to end I’ve never had vm so interested how it works for example when in contract and you put cancellation in are they supposed to ring back with a better deal.
As far as I’m aware speaking from been with sky you put cancellation in you get billed an early termination fee plus the rest of your contract to pay.
I did say you was on the red list like 99% of members on here who has isp providers are on the red alert list I know I Deffinatly am lol

You dont even know me so making judgements and calling me sensitive aint on but tbh I aint someone who gets offended so you and others can have digs, make "jokes" and humiliate me on an open forum as much as you want. I am past that phase in my life now. I have more things to worry about personally than bullies online.

I was stating that as I didn't want to offend you. I was just being polite and courteous to yourself. I have also never humiliated you in any way what so ever. So quit the bullshit. Why do you play the victim time and time again?

I'm not going to participate in another slinging match with yourself and derail another thread. I just said that you may have jepodised a phone call back that is all!

I have a feeling that they (Virgin Media) may be about to 'turn a corner' especially that now Sky have started promoting giving their current and long term customers the same if not better deals as new customers!! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed 🤞

I was on the phone to them yesterday for a friend who was paying way over the offs and when you be nice to them you seem to get more details about their jobs and what they can offer.
Got through the normal routine of a poor offer, then want to leave but I actually got put through to a new department

The new department is level 2 retentions who used to be outbound calls and they offered a big discount compared to the first and he was happy with that offer plus broadband so accepted
Hopefully this is the new way of working because it was alot quicker and no waiting on a phone call. Only downside they are working from home still so alot of calls drop out

Had an email offer from them today.
It was 100mb + talk weekends for £27
(currently paying £25 for 50mb+talk weekends)

THIS is the only offer I've had since giving 30 day notice on Sunday 6th February.
Had NO phone calls from them.
So they must be really pissed off with me 🤣

So spoke to retentions team the other day and not sure how but package is supposedly staying at old price and won't be affected by the price increase as I'm a volt customer. Not sure how true that it is but will check next bill and see.

Got VM pods sorted and as volt customer believe there still free. So next few weeks when get all 3 will connect them up and see how signal and speed is in rooms in house where currently not great.

So spoke to retentions team the other day and not sure how but package is supposedly staying at old price and won't be affected by the price increase as I'm a volt customer. Not sure how true that it is but will check next bill and see.

Got VM pods sorted and as volt customer believe there still free. So next few weeks when get all 3 will connect them up and see how signal and speed is in rooms in house where currently not great.

I've had them home plug / booster things from VM and they're rubbish and didn't improve the signal for me. I ended up purchasing a DECO mesh system from Argos for about 70 quid I think it was, put my hub into modem mode, connected up the deco's and set up with the app and full signal everywhere in the house now. Not a free / cheap fix but it's some of the best money i've spent.

A cheap/free fix, if you can hard qire is to use old TT routers and use them as WiFi points,
I used to have TT business and everytime I had an issue they sent me a new router modem, so I now have them scattered about the house as WiFi points,

I've had them home plug / booster things from VM and they're rubbish and didn't improve the signal for me. I ended up purchasing a DECO mesh system from Argos for about 70 quid I think it was, put my hub into modem mode, connected up the deco's and set up with the app and full signal everywhere in the house now. Not a free / cheap fix but it's some of the best money i've spent.
Were these the old ones from years ago as they got new pods and model released last year which meant to be good and help alot?

Perhaps as it was 3 or 4 years back now. Hopefully, the new ones help you - be sure to give us some feedback on them when you've got them up and running :)

Back