Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

We was pay £40for 100 mps
we phone Virgin Media today we've got 200 mps for £28 a month for 18 months
Got 500 mbs, mobile silly free entertainment and discs but don't use them and I ended up getting calls for £43 something like that. I know I pay 02 £10 and virgin the difference

Hi Guys , I have phoned the 0345 number to cancel my Broadband , Got through after 35 mins and said lack of fund for the reason and shes fine , Put me on hold for 3 min and then said ok everything will cnacel at the end of May , Also we will send a package out to return the virgin box , Never once did she try to give me any offers . Just got email through to confirm cancellation .

Hi Guys , I have phoned the 0345 number to cancel my Broadband , Got through after 35 mins and said lack of fund for the reason and shes fine , Put me on hold for 3 min and then said ok everything will cnacel at the end of May , Also we will send a package out to return the virgin box , Never once did she try to give me any offers . Just got email through to confirm cancellation .
Just wait and see if they phone you in the next couple of days.

They have also a second level retentions team which you can ask to them to put you through to when you call them.

They have same leeway in giving best deals than having to wait for someone call you back after giving the cancellation notice.

if they don't call you back be the time your due to be disconnected then phone them back the day before and say what is available to you if you stay with them, thats if you want to stay with them. Don't call them before then though, they are very likely to call you in the next week or so.

They should call you back they always call me back after cancelling, just make sure on the virgin website on your account settings are set to allow contact by telephone.

Thanks Guys for all the info , I will sit tight and wait , Worst case i will put for a new customer my wife down instead to get the same deal i got 18 months ago

Well im shocked.

I was on 200mb Broadband @ £34.99 a month my 18 months deal had just ran out and they put the price up to £44.99 i was fuming. I also had a basic Virgin mobile contract sim at £10 a month. So total to them month would of been £54.99 for broadband and mobile.

Rang this morning and told them no way was i paying £44.99 with the cost of living at the moment and wanted to know could they do better on the Broadband. They offered £39.99 a month. Asked then to cancel it as new customers were getting 200mb at £31.99 and i would get a family member to sign up as a new customer. Was told i couldn't do that to which i replied i can and i will please accept this phone call as me giving you my 1 month notice of cancelation.

Conversation went back and forth for 5 mins with a couple of offers but the last offer i went with.

Had to switch from Virgin mobile to O2 with Volt to do this.

O2 Mobile same text mins and data. £10 a month
Virgin 200 mb Broadband boosted by Volt to 350mb £24.99 a month.

18 month contracts.

Total of £34.99 a month.

Saving £20 a month.

Very Happy

Last edited:
Well im shocked.

I was on 200mb Broadband @ £34.99 a month my 18 months deal had just ran out and they put the price up to £44.99 i was fuming. I also had a basic Virgin mobile contract sim at £10 a month. So total to them month would of been £54.99 for broadband and mobile.

Rang this morning and told them no way was i paying £44.99 with the cost of living at the moment and wanted to know could they do better on the Broadband. They offered £39.99 a month. Asked then to cancel it as new customers were getting 200mb at £31.99 and i would get a family member to sign up as a new customer. Was told i couldn't do that to which i replied i can and i will please accept this phone call as me giving you my 1 month notice of cancelation.

Conversation went back and forth for 5 mins with a couple of offers but the last offer i went with.

Had to switch from Virgin mobile to BT with Volt to do this.

BT Mobile same text mins and data. £10 a month
Virgin 200 mb Broadband boosted by Volt to 350mb £24.99 a month.

18 month contracts.

Total of £34.99 a month.

Saving £20 a month.

Very Happy
BT for Mobile to get Volt? Volt is with O2 is it not?

Back