Sat UK working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firmware are box specific and can ruin boxes if you try to install it on other boxes on which they are not intended to go on.

I saw somewhere else starsat, mediastar, and icone being mentioned. Do you know if they have suitable firmware and perform similar?

thank you

I saw somewhere else starsat, mediastar, and icone being mentioned. Do you know if they have suitable firmware and perform similar?

thank you
I am not the best person to answer this question as I don't have much knowledge of these boxes and don't own any of them.

The software is available on the internet for each type of box, and I think the details of how to put the software on the boxes are available with the box, but do remember sky uk is meant to be going from the viark boxes soon when they change the encryption code, so its still worth getting one if you have multisat or Eurosat, but if its just for sky uk, then you are taking a risk.

Someone did mention earlier in this thread that if you go for some of the other brands that you do not get as long a connection to the server.

The software is available on the internet for each type of box, and I think the details of how to put the software on the boxes are available with the box, but do remember sky uk is meant to be going from the viark boxes soon when they change the encryption code, so its still worth getting one if you have multisat or Eurosat, but if its just for sky uk, then you are taking a risk.
ah ok, thanks for that, I'm happy to wait

When sly change their encryption, does that mean the existing clines etc for bt sport and co will stop working too?

I mainly use it for the Asian channels, and BT sport from time to time. So not too worried about the other services.

I purchased a Viark 4k 3 weeks ago, and it's been sitting in a UPS warehouse in Madrid for about 2 weeks now, because of Brexit, maybe anyone buying one Germany might be slicker.

I purchased a Viark 4k 3 weeks ago, and it's been sitting in a UPS warehouse in Madrid for about 2 weeks now, because of Brexit, maybe anyone buying one Germany might be slicker.
same here, my carrier is GLS and there has been no update since 8th Feb, stuck somewhere in Spain.

UPS states it's held up because of Brexit, I don't see how tricky it is, it's up to HM Customs if they want their tax off me not the Spanish.

UPS states it's held up because of Brexit, I don't see how tricky it is, it's up to HM Customs if they want their tax off me not the Spanish.
Exactly, I argued with the shop who sent my parcel but they said its Spanish customs who are holding the package and requiring lot of paperwork.

Nope, it's not, theres a shed load of forms to be filled in when e porting from, or importing into the EU from outside the EU.
And similarly with importing/ exporting to/from the UK.

Nope, it's not, theres a shed load of forms to be filled in when e porting from, or importing into the EU from outside the EU.
And similarly with importing/ exporting to/from the UK.
yep
even a private individual has to fill in customs declaration form

I think it's also to do with the courier companies just being too busy and cannot get on top of all this. Everyone is home shopping due to lock down. I bring parts in from Italy and Germany and our factory in Italy just puts a commercial invoice on the box. We then get billed for all the vat a week later. If I'm sending parts back I put them as under repair and put the country origin as Italy or Germany. The commercial invoice takes minutes. My packages have been moving ok just got a couple stopped today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back