Sending photos via email

Buckham_uk

TK Veteran
The wife is trying to send a file 1.5gb. is there a way to compress small enough to go through email?

No real dramas if not, can just fling em on a usb and send it. Just pickled my brain and needed to know.

Thanks in advance ;)

try 7zip, its a free compression program that may be able to make the folder smaller,

If not you can consider using a file storage like dropbox, upload the photos then email the link to whoever and let them download them to their PC at anytime.

No not really 1.5 gig is massive max for most emails <50 meg.

You can with outlook, it attaches the file to your one drive and then adds as an attachment, a bit of a pain that's why I didn't suggest it.

Last edited by a moderator:
what i would do is make a folder on desktop,move your files / photos whatever into it and compress with winrar,email should have " add atachment " then search for the item you want added then click on it so its added to email as an attachment.

most email clients have a 10mb limit, you have got no chance.

Dropbox account is the correct way to share such a huge file.

Resize

If you have MS picture manager you could always resize the pic? Click Picture in the menu bar, resize - Loads of options..

The wife is trying to send a file 1.5gb. is there a way to compress small enough to go through email?

No real dramas if not, can just fling em on a usb and send it. Just pickled my brain and needed to know.

Thanks in advance ;)

Back