Separate folders for recordings on HDD

Snaff

Hi, is it possible to create folders on the HDD to tidy up each programme/series? i.e. all Emmerdale saving into its own folder on the HDD, instead of in a long list in date order.

Many thanks in advance.

Snaff

Yes mate...I'm fairly new to the whole zgemma experience myself... But discovered this while messing this weekend...(sorry if this is common knowledge to most...but it was a revelation to me!)

..if you have it connected to your home network....open your pc....go to networks .....your zgemma box will show up on your network....expand it like any other drive on your network...find your download folder..usually media/hdd/movie....go back to 'parental folder' ie media/hdd....then 'add new folders' at your will....then when you set up new recordings direct them to the appropriate
4f0d57c716027d957b283517711f2dc1.jpg
folders [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ps I do have a 2 year old daughter....peppa pig is not my choice of viewing ....needs must [emoji849][emoji57][emoji6]

I've set up folders as above but how do I get the options as shown above to target the folders created?
I'm on Openatv.

Thanks for your reply Bigrussuk, I also like Peppa Pig!!

Can I create the 'new' folder within the 'movie' folder so all recordings show in the same list?

And as above how do I 'direct' the programme to the new folder?

Sorry to be a pain, I'm trying to keep the better half sweet!!

Snaff

I've set up folders as above but how do I get the options as shown above to target the folders created?
I'm on Openatv.

There may be an easier way but the way I've done it is - create timer then
Menu
Timers
Auto-timers
'Click' the appropriate timer
Edit auto timer
Use a custom location.... Choose yes
Choose custom location

So far as I can see...like Windows it's self you can just keep creating sub-folders of su-folders

Thanks for your reply Bigrussuk, I also like Peppa Pig!!

Can I create the 'new' folder within the 'movie' folder so all recordings show in the same list?

And as above how do I 'direct' the programme to the new folder?

Sorry to be a pain, I'm trying to keep the better half sweet!!

Snaff

You can create a new folder within 'movie'....but I think it will still show the main 'movie' folder as default ...but just click the yellow button to choose 'location' to view other folders.

Ps im using ATV 5.1.... And still very new to this...im just trying to help where I can[emoji106]

There may be an easier way but the way I've done it is - create timer then
Menu
Timers
Auto-timers
'Click' the appropriate timer
Edit auto timer
Use a custom location.... Choose yes
Choose custom location

That's a good tip mate. Now I can keep her soaps away from my sci-fi. (y)

To create folders in recordings Press filelist on remote then menu then create directory and name it whatever u want then save

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

To create folders in recordings Press filelist on remote then menu then create directory and name it whatever u want then save

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

I guessed there must be an easier way...'everyday's a school day' [emoji106][emoji2]

Back