Services Cheaper With VPN’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which DAZN is best Canada or Spain
Is it straightforward to get
Neither try brazil ...Will cost you less if you can subscribe and use a vpn to view content from the other dazn countries ...

Is there any inklings as to what to expect from Paramount+ Mexico quality wise?

Worringly, I tried someone's Voot sub the other day and the picture quality was pretty cack for La Liga and NBA highlights.

I'm hoping Viacom don't disrespect their Mexican subscribers.
Quality wise I think it will be on par with the US app...only thing we don't know as yet is language of the comms.

Quality wise I think it will be on par with the US app...only thing we don't know as yet is language of the comms.

Agree with this.

Quality is top notch for US (Champions League) and Australia (A-League).

Neither ESPN (EPL rights in other Latin American countries) or HBO Max (Champions League in Mexico) provide English commentary. I wonder if it’s a rights thing, so I’m hopeful but far from guaranteed.

Last edited:
I wasn’t able to hold my nerve and wait for Paramount+ Mexico, so took the plunge on a year of Optus Sport at the lower pricing. Time will tell whether that was a good move… 😂

Just a bit of advice for people trying to use Revolut for payments,
Make sure you are using a MasterCard Revolut ( not always available with free accounts AFAIAA ) , there are known issues with Revolut Visa, some countries simply dont accept Visa, even European countries, the Netherlands being a priime example of not liking Visa, even physically in person in shops.
Make sure you have local currency on the card , it should convert from GBP, but this can cause issues sometimes.

Just a bit of advice for people trying to use Revolut for payments,
Make sure you are using a MasterCard Revolut ( not always available with free accounts AFAIAA ) , there are known issues with Revolut Visa, some countries simply dont accept Visa, even European countries, the Netherlands being a priime example of not liking Visa, even physically in person in shops.
Make sure you have local currency on the card , it should convert from GBP, but this can cause issues sometimes.
I think you can get a Mastercard with a free account. I have a free one, and my first (virtual) card was a Visa, but when I requested a second (free) virtual card it was a Mastercard.

That said I have used the visa a lot (including signing up for all sorts of sports streaming services) and never had any issues with it…

I think you can get a Mastercard with a free account. I have a free one, and my first (virtual) card was a Visa, but when I requested a second (free) virtual card it was a Mastercard.

That said I have used the visa a lot (including signing up for all sorts of sports streaming services) and never had any issues with it…

ah, that can be an issue too, not always, but it happens
virtual cards dont always work, even on home country currency.
I'm not saying the mastercard/visa issue is the cause of every failure with Revolut, just pointing out it may be an issue for some, along with the local currency , and trying to use a virtual card, especially if its a burner card, as often the site will try a nominal payment first, then when they try and take the actual payment the card has been burned and is no longer available.

Tried signing up to dazn brazil but getting an error code through windscribe vpn, anyone any suggestions?
Update
Managed to sign up through apple App Store randomly. 1 month free then £4.49 per month, so will give it a trial run for now

Hi,

Tried on the paramount mexico website, it declined my payment with my revolut visa and mastercard. I used a local address and my own normal one, and surfshark as the vpn. Any guesses please? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
This is the way to do it (and many other services too) as the Play Store doesn’t mind Revolut and doesn’t check the issue country of the card.

However, when doing this make sure you’re using a Google account that isn’t already associated with another country’s Play store. I recommend creating a fresh account for the purpose - for reference I probably have 10 different Google accounts that I use for Apple IDs and Play store accounts in different countries 😂

This is the way to do it (and many other services too) as the Play Store doesn’t mind Revolut and doesn’t check the issue country of the card.

However, when doing this make sure you’re using a Google account that isn’t already associated with another country’s Play store. I recommend creating a fresh account for the purpose - for reference I probably have 10 different Google accounts that I use for Apple IDs and Play store accounts in different countries 😂
Do you just add them as additional ones to your main account? Google wants a foreign phone number to sms and the Mexico virtual sms ones aren't working?

Do you just add them as additional ones to your main account? Google wants a foreign phone number to sms and the Mexico virtual sms ones aren't working?
They’re not associated with my normal account. I have just used my UK phone number when creating them - I’ve never been asked for a foreign phone.

I set them up as email accounts. They don’t seem to be linked to any country until I later on use them to log into the Play store. You need a VPN for that bit, but not for the creation of the account.

I think you can avoid having to give Google any phone number if you use the actual Google App (e.g. on iphone) to 'create' the account (i.e. use the app, NOT a web browser).
So, download the Google App + turn on VPN (e.g. to Mexico); open the Google App, click at the top right "Manage" / "Add account" then "create", go through all the steps (name, DOB etc), then it'll say "Add Phone Number" *but* if you scroll to the bottom you can click 'Skip'.. et voila! At least, that's how it used to work..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back