Services Cheaper With VPN’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can you explain the benefit of paying using Revolut rather than say something like a Barclaycard
You're barclaycard's is specifically a British card, and shows up the far end as a British card! Which are not allowed buy a lot of these things, whereas a revolut is treated as a virtual card in many cases, with no address.

(That's my understanding anyhow)

You're barclaycard's is specifically a British card, and shows up the far end as a British card! Which are not allowed buy a lot of these things, whereas a revolut is treated as a virtual card in many cases, with no address.

(That's my understanding anyhow)
Revolut does have an actual address, but because you can have local currency on it you could/can actually be in that country as far as anyone is concerned,
The added benefit of revolut is you can have a virtual one time card that self destructs after the payment , thus preventing fraud

There are loads more benefits to using revolut, but that's probably the two main ones for this purpose

Revolut does have an actual address, but because you can have local currency on it you could/can actually be in that country as far as anyone is concerned,
The added benefit of revolut is you can have a virtual one time card that self destructs after the payment , thus preventing fraud

There are loads more benefits to using revolut, but that's probably the two main ones for this purpose
Show off lmao

Show off lmao
I use Revolut a lot due to my work,
I even pay for it as the benefits that come with a paid card are well worth it to me.

EDIT : technically they are NOT actually a bank, but a financial institution , registered address in London,
dunno if that makes any difference

I use Revolut a lot due to my work,
I even pay for it as the benefits that come with a paid card are well worth it to me.

EDIT : technically they are NOT actually a bank, but a financial institution , registered address in London,
dunno if that makes any difference
My registered office is in Lithuania (iirc) as they needed an EU address too.

Just noticed they have a Dublin address too

My registered office is in Lithuania (iirc) as they needed an EU address too.

Just noticed they have a Dublin address too
Dunno how that works,
When I asked them for their address to get a tax rebate from Denmark they gave me a London address to use.
I was going to suggest maybe it was dependent on the nationality of the I'd you used, but unless you have a Lithuanian passport that wouldn't work, and I'm fairly sure I used an Irish passport for mine :unsure:
Maybe it's down to them not being a real bank.???

Thanks for the replies. I see plenty of leagues and competitions covered through the apps mentioned earlier in the thread.
What about Carrier bag cup and Farmers League?

I just ordered a netflix card from here and got no email or sms confirmation or code or anything, spoke to their customer suppoer and he said he will sms me a confirmation, it never arrived and when I gave him my number to confirm that's the number he sent it to he said 'lets complete manually'.

I created an mtcgame account, to see purchases and then after about 10-15 of talking to support, my purchase was confirmed. all working now.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but my Starlin card was not accepted on Netflix turkey

@grog68
Starling have been having major issues recently, along with Monzo , double charging etc along with payments simply not being accepted,

@grog68
Starling have been having major issues recently, along with Monzo , double charging etc along with payments simply not being accepted,
I must admit this is the first time I've had issues with Starlin, used it to buy the netflix gift card with no issues so assumed it was netflix turkey not accepting it for some reason.

To be honest, not sure why I have just paid out for the netflix as rarely watch anything on IPTV let alone a streaming service, although am looking forward to Money heist next week. (with a further 3 month gap to the 2nd/final episode in December)

Dunno how that works,
When I asked them for their address to get a tax rebate from Denmark they gave me a London address to use.
I was going to suggest maybe it was dependent on the nationality of the I'd you used, but unless you have a Lithuanian passport that wouldn't work, and I'm fairly sure I used an Irish passport for mine :unsure:
Maybe it's down to them not being a real bank.???
The correspondence I've had from Revolut around this issue would suggest it's a Brexit thing, your UK address probably triggered the UK office. Their explanation was one of "we need a EU office to avail of the EU banking laws"

The correspondence I've had from Revolut around this issue would suggest it's a Brexit thing, your UK address probably triggered the UK office. Their explanation was one of "we need a EU office to avail of the EU banking laws"
Very possibly, even though I've had it for quite a few years , and with an EU ID , this was only earlier this year I needed confirmation of an address and they would most likely have based that on my registered address and not my ID.
That makes most sense.

Been a while since I posted something new here.

Not sure if anyone has heard of Vidio? It's an Indonesian Streaming Service that currently have rights for Champions League, Europa League, La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Copa America as well as other sports. There is an app for both IOS and Android as well as Android TV. If you go for the early bird deal it works out £5.52 for the YEAR! You do need a VPN to access the content with an Indonesian Server.

Android App: Vidio - Watch Video, TV & Live Streaming - Apps on Google Play
IOS: ‎Vidio - Nonton TV, Video, Film

88.PNG

1.PNG
2.PNG

photo_2021-08-22_19-32-16.jpg
23543.PNG

Not sure if anyone has heard of Vidio? It's an Indonesian Streaming Service that currently have rights for Champions League, Europa League, La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, Copa America as well as other sports. There is an app for both IOS and Android as well as Android TV. If you go for the early bird deal it works out £5.52 for the YEAR! You do need a VPN to access the content with an Indonesian Server.

View attachment 64538

View attachment 64535
View attachment 64536

View attachment 64539
View attachment 64540

You and all these international subscription services at such silly low prices :LOL: :LOL:

View attachment 64538

View attachment 64535
View attachment 64536

View attachment 64539
View attachment 64540
Any good? English commentary? Which VPN works with this? How do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back