Services Cheaper With VPN’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up to Disney plus a few weeks back through Turkey for about £17 per year. I paid through Google pay
Tried that earlier , how do you sign up with Google play. Play store still doesn't put me in turkey store with VPN on even though I registered account for turkey.

Cleared cache on play store app , removed accounts so I've only one account active on spare phone, but just doesn't take it.
Tried adding card now as last option , looks like play store is checking credit card location.

Tried that earlier , how do you sign up with Google play. Play store still doesn't put me in turkey store with VPN on even though I registered account for turkey.

Cleared cache on play store app , removed accounts so I've only one account active on spare phone, but just doesn't take it.
Tried adding card now as last option , looks like play store is checking credit card location.
Have you tried a different VPN service? Google (not other services, only Google) sometimes places your VPN in a different country to where you've actually VPN-ed to. This has happened to me a few times with ExpressVPN (I selected Ukraine or Turkey, but Google PlayStores / Google.com would think I'm in the Netherlands or somewhere else and show me the Dutch PlayStore etc). But, when I used a different VPN e.g. Windscribe or Tunnelbear, it was fine. I did a bit of digging and this is a known Google issue.. and for some reason only happens with Google (and therefore the Playstore also) and some VPNs and some VPN locations.

Short version: try with a different VPN in case that's the issue.

Have you turned location off on phone,?
Even with a VPN if you have location turned on it will still show what country your phone is in

Yes Location is off. It's detecting turkey as its asking me to I want to switch to Turkish store but for some reason has my country as Tuvalu, some island in the oceanic. No idea why, signed up to new account with VPN on set to turkey.

Have requested accouny change to turkey but seems it can take 48 hrs for this.
Google are also blocking my number now when I try to create a new account and telling me my phone number is associated with too many accounts 😱

Using Windscribe

Yes Location is off. It's detecting turkey as its asking me to I want to switch to Turkish store but for some reason has my country as Tuvalu, some island in the oceanic. No idea why, signed up to new account with VPN on set to turkey.

Google are also blocking my number now when I try to create a new account and telling me my phone number is associated with too many accounts 😱

Using Windscribe
See my earlier post - basically, if you create a new account through the google app, you don't need to give a phone number (turn VPN before you start creating new account to whichever country).
See here: Services Cheaper With VPN’s

Using Windscribe
Tuvalu and Turkey are next to each other in the alphabetical list and I'm going to wager that you've clicked the wrong one.

Tuvalu and Turkey are next to each other in the alphabetical list and I'm going to wager that you've clicked the wrong one.
Quite possible

Tried method on phone now twice without phone number. IP is in turkey beforehand , cleared cache. Everytime google dumps me back in my own country store. It asks do I want to change to turkey play store but requires credit card and 48 hrs wait period.

Somehow they are detecting my own country with vpn on, location off, cache cleared. No sim in phone. Don't get how they are doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back