sky 500mb broadband - currently using a simple tp powerline adapter but thinking of upgrading too eero advice needed

KGH0210

currently have 500mb from sky with their own router.

i would powerline adapters but they are pretty old and im not getting a good speed.

anyone got any advice, looked at eero but seems they can be a hassle with sky ( seems others routers are as well)

anyone got any advice ?

Still got a year left with sky so looking more really for the best mesh network to use with sky fibre

I'm with sky and tbh I find them quite good. I have the superfast broadband and only pay 26.00 pm . I run 2 IPTV boxes + 2 laptops ,an X box , 3 mobiles and a sonos hub and not have any issues.I have 1 IPTV box on a tp link but everything else is wireless.

What about using the decos, quite cheap for a mesh and work quite well
But with a mesh system have you got ethernet to each device as I've found the speeds are inconsistent without it

currently have 500mb from sky with their own router.

i would powerline adapters but they are pretty old and im not getting a good speed.

anyone got any advice, looked at eero but seems they can be a hassle with sky ( seems others routers are as well)

anyone got any advice ?
Have found recently when I was having problems with my older rockfish gaming powerline. That the powerline units have changed a bit since. Have a new TP now and it works a lot faster then my older unit. Have been where your at with low MBs in a house that I could not get a signal to my living room TV because of the lath in the house, and have used a net gear powerline for years, with very little problems. Except that the highest I could get from my router was a 3. So don't think the powerline would hurt, it may help your system if cable is not available ,which I switched to now for WIFI. But still use the powerline. Hope that helps you .

What about using the decos, quite cheap for a mesh and work quite well
But with a mesh system have you got ethernet to each device as I've found the speeds are inconsistent without it
I’ve heard of decos and seem a lot better on price, to be fair the speeds downstairs are fine and run a few iptv boxes with no issues there’s just two bedrooms and in the loft it’s playable but a bit slow still , might have a look at the decos

Have found recently when I was having problems with my older rockfish gaming powerline. That the powerline units have changed a bit since. Have a new TP now and it works a lot faster then my older unit. Have been where your at with low MBs in a house that I could not get a signal to my living room TV because of the lath in the house, and have used a net gear powerline for years, with very little problems. Except that the highest I could get from my router was a 3. So don't think the powerline would hurt, it may help your system if cable is not available ,which I switched to now for WIFI. But still use the powerline. Hope that helps you .
Thanks for the reply , maybe I’ll just upgrade the power lines as some of them have built in wifi extenders now so could be a good shout. It’s only really two rooms I have issues with and they are far away from the router so makes sense for the drop.

Thanks for the reply , maybe I’ll just upgrade the power lines as some of them have built in wifi extenders now so could be a good shout. It’s only really two rooms I have issues with and they are far away from the router so makes sense for the drop.
Forget wifi extenders they will never compair to mesh best thing I ever bought was deco M4 and only the twin pack there are newer models available now but for me only on 200mb does me fine never looked back. And I have had powerline and wifi extenders.

Forget wifi extenders they will never compair to mesh best thing I ever bought was deco M4 and only the twin pack there are newer models available now but for me only on 200mb does me fine never looked back. And I have had powerline and wifi extenders.
sweet, looks like ill be checking out the decos then ! thanks for the advice

sweet, looks like ill be checking out the decos then ! thanks for the advice
Hopefully some of the other members that have decos will contribute but for me at the time I think I paid £89 spent more than that on original homeplugs years back

Back