Sky Movies Action, Comedy and Family HD pixelation?

WAKI

Hi guys,

a Zgemma H2H which i setup for the inlaws has started to cause some pixelations to the image on sky movies action, comedy and family channels but only on HD. the sound all plays fine without any breakup but the image costantly breakup and pixelate.

The splitter is the a technetix with original VM cables. no other channels are affected but this has been an issues for a few weeks now.

Any sugeestions?

Box is running Wooshbuild Infinity with all the settings and plugins up to date.

Hi guys,

a Zgemma H2H which i setup for the inlaws has started to cause some pixelations to the image on sky movies action, comedy and family channels but only on HD. the sound all plays fine without any breakup but the image costantly breakup and pixelate.

The splitter is the a technetix with original VM cables. no other channels are affected but this has been an issues for a few weeks now.

Any sugeestions?

Box is running Wooshbuild Infinity with all the settings and plugins up to date.

pixellation is either the splitter or cables.
or occasionally the VM signal coming into the house, have you checked power levels in the router?
are you using short cables from splitter to box? - long lengths will also cause this unless VM calibrate them during installation
if it's not power levels or cables then it's the splitter, they don't last forever, i've had quite a few over the years

pixellation is either the splitter or cables.
or occasionally the VM signal coming into the house, have you checked power levels in the router?
are you using short cables from splitter to box? - long lengths will also cause this unless VM calibrate them during installation
if it's not power levels or cables then it's the splitter, they don't last forever, i've had quite a few over the years

Cables runs are very small as they are directly behind the tv form the incoming feed. but these were replaced along with the splitter about 2 weeks agao without any improvement along with a new attenuator which was missing from the incoming box as i initlaly thought this might have caused noise interferance.

and the power levels?
on the side or bottom of the router there should be a 'settings password'
type 192.168.0.1 into a browser and click enter, use that password to log into the router
go to advanced settings
tools>network status> click on downstream tab
copy and paste the snr and dbmv data here

those look ok, if you remove the attenuator is it any better?
have you tried a different test line in case it's on the server you are using?

the attenuator actually stopped some noise interference as it was initally missing from the main box coming in to the house itself. The line is fine as ive tried it on my own box at a different property

So the line, splitter, cables, router power levels and network connection are all fine.
Unfortunately this only leaves one factor - the box itself.
Take it to a different location and try it there or take a different box to this house and see if it is replicated.

Back