Sky Sports have dismissed Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson from their Soccer Saturday show

Joe516

VIP Member
Sky Sports stalwarts Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson have all be sacked from their roles as Soccer Saturday match summarisers.

The vastly experienced trio, who between them had racked up 50 years of service combined, were dismissed on Tuesday as part of ongoing cuts at Sky.

Le Tissier, 51, had recently taken a break from social media after courting controversy over the course of the coronavirus pandemic
Sky Sports sack three Soccer Saturday legends

Maybe so

But the banter is what made that show as was all fun with these guys.

Yep, it just went a bit too far away from being a football show for my liking. At times they'd go to a pundit, some silly joke would start and they'd go to the next match having just giggled their way through the slot to give the highlights of the match they were watching. Fair enough if you like that kind of TV, just saying it's not to my liking.

Yep, it just went a bit too far away from being a football show for my liking. At times they'd go to a pundit, some silly joke would start and they'd go to the next match having just giggled their way through the slot to give the highlights of the match they were watching. Fair enough if you like that kind of TV, just saying it's not to my liking.

Get what your saying but that show has never been a serious tone show. Thats not what made is so popular amongst fans.

Get what your saying but that show has never been a serious tone show. Thats not what made is so popular amongst fans.

Times change and shows move on. Virtually everyone in the showbiz industry has a shelf life, they'll be replaced and the show will go on.

Yep BT should snatch them up and do their own version so to speak.

Sky is a joke tbh. Only thing about sky is premier league footy. Other than that they are s*it. Prefer BT.

I agree. Sky was the shit back in the Andy Gray days. Soccer Saturday was a quality show. However looks like it now needs to fit some kind of agenda. Oh well. Looks like most will just watch the footy and turn it off at 90 mins.

Obviously but no doubt wont be as entertaining whatever the new version will be.

A matter of opinion. If you want to watch a group of middle aged men giggling like school kids, who can't even be bothered to learn to pronounce the names of half the players they're supposed to be commentating on, then I should imagine you won't find the new look show entertaining. I'm hoping they're moving towards a more modern, relatable pundit who does their research and takes pride in their work.

A matter of opinion. If you want to watch a group of middle aged men giggling like school kids, who can't even be bothered to learn to pronounce the names of half the players they're supposed to be commentating on, then I should imagine you won't find the new look show entertaining. I'm hoping they're moving towards a more modern, relatable pundit who does their research and takes pride in their work.

Go on mate fire away. Which 3 pundits would you pick?

I probably won't your right there.

It's all a matter of opinion As you say. Just because you and a few others didn't like the way it wasn't presented doesn't mean the majority did Either.

Back