Sky Sports have dismissed Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson from their Soccer Saturday show

The panel will obviously in this current situation consist of :
A female : Alex scott
Clinton morrison : maybe
Darren bent : maybe
Just my current opinion-:)

There will be Micah Richards, a woman and a token white dude.

Micah Richards is fun though, ticks the only box that seems to matter for some people?

I wouldn't mind Alex Scott doing it, she's grown into the job and is very knowledgeable and informative.

And I've always quite liked Kevin Kilbane, quite an experienced pundit now too.

Micah Richards is fun though, ticks the only box that seems to matter for some people?

I wouldn't mind Alex Scott doing it, she's grown into the job and is very knowledgeable and informative.

And I've always quite liked Kevin Kilbane, quite an experienced pundit now too.

I love micah Richards. He and keane are together are hilarious. And I prefer football coverage to be fun and light hearted with a bit on insight sprinkled on top.

Mainly I switch off after the game, will sometime watch the sky sport YouTube channel for edited post game staff. and cannot remember ever watching soccer Saturday.

Cannot comment on Alex Scott as I don't think I know who she is.

Last edited:

"Why bring race into it when 3 people are sacked because of the colour of their skin to bring in people of a different colour all done in the name of a militant communist pressure group that explicitly focuses on race"

Yeah, ok wrighty, haha.

Micah would be an upgrade on 90%, of pundits, but let's not pretend race is not the driving factor in a lot of these decisions now.

Sky might find themselves in Gillette's shoes if they get the appointments wrong

Race and gender is why sky made their decision.

Richards imo is annoying and cringy may be it's me. Will say interactions with keane are pure gold.

Bias probably but would have Keane on the show. Speaking his mind and not giving a toss what anyone thinks is always great.

Screenshot_20200827-161334_Samsung Internet.jpg

Most popular with generation x and millennials ie people born roughly 1966-1996. Maybe the idea is to appeal to the younger audience and try to attract new viewers, which means moving with the times and shifting out the deadwood.

Sky will have all sorts of metrics on what audience and quotas they are targeting.

Ultimately it will be the consumer in the aggregate who will decide if the decisions are correct.

If Micah is there then I will have a 1% chance of tuning in instead of zero chance.

Can't be many people under 50 who would prefer Charlie Nichol and Phil Thompson to the younger pundits coming through : I know who I'd rather have a pint and have footy banter with. But im not their target audience.

To deny a political and racial component to this is naive though

Could do without him he's average. He ain't good as the other 3.

Phil Thompson and Charlie Nicholas are intolerable imo, Le Tissier just about bearable.

Merson is a joke of a pundit. Possibly kept on as a duty of care by his employers, wouldn't be surprised to see him playing a lesser role.

Back