Sky UK HD E2 Mgcamd Lines

Because they don't like the ten second delay.
Even though satellite has a three second delay from live.
Ah I see, thanks for that. You are obviously referring to live sport as in the neighbours scream when the ball hits the net but in your house the corner kick hasn't been taken yet.
Solution = go to the game and watch it LIVE!

why are people intent on c/s when iptv does the job and is reliable?
Frame rates. I'll explain this in a none technical way.

Take a look at the size on a 1 hr recording via a satellite record something of high motion say MotoGP at the same time record it on IPTV . Compare the sizes of files. Why is IPTV recording smaller ? its of lower quality. Watch both back and see how fluid the fast action looks on the sat recording compared to the IPTV recording.

Both IPTV and Sat have their place im not for one or the other i use both IPTV is really convenient to view content. Via Satellite this can be an enthusiasts job when it comes to PPV feeds as there is some in-depth setup required.

A lot of IPTV content is from a satellite/cable source this is obvious so why not have the real thing than a compressed version of it ?

Frame rates. I'll explain this in a none technical way.

Take a look at the size on a 1 hr recording via a satellite record something of high motion say MotoGP at the same time record it on IPTV . Compare the sizes of files. Why is IPTV recording smaller ? its of lower quality. Watch both back and see how fluid the fast action looks on the sat recording compared to the IPTV recording.

Both IPTV and Sat have their place im not for one or the other i use both IPTV is really convenient to view content. Via Satellite this can be an enthusiasts job when it comes to PPV feeds as there is some in-depth setup required.

A lot of IPTV content is from a satellite/cable source this is obvious so why not have the real thing than a compressed version of it ?
A lot just use Iptv for the missing premium channels from the old c/s days but then some Iptv providers have the same frame rate as a sat box but why record Iptv when you have catchup lol

I don't record shows as they are all repeated at sometime. IPTV does a great job for me and I don't have fast internet at all, sometimes having to switch from HD to SD but it's far better than listening to the wireless. Pictures in colour and sound to boot what more could a man want for less than a fiver a month.

I don't record shows as they are all repeated at sometime. IPTV does a great job for me and I don't have fast internet at all, sometimes having to switch from HD to SD but it's far better than listening to the wireless. Pictures in colour and sound to boot what more could a man want for less than a fiver a month.
It's more than 10meg DL I'll bet.

why are people intent on c/s when iptv does the job and is reliable?
Many reasons, the biggest 1 for me is I am yet to find an IPTV stream that has been re-encoded properly, so that it doesn't judder or stutter especially with fast moving action or panning scenes, then there is the issue where the stream just starts to repeat the last 5 - 10 seconds over and over. Even the ones that are re-encoded well are not a patch on real broadcast tv because it's so compressed.

You also have times where the stream just stops for no reason, some providers are so bad that halfway through a program they just change to a completely different channel, or bring up a menu and leave that on the screen (happens less now than I did, but does still happen).

Most E2 boxes don't record iptv well, and not all providers have catchup and even if they do there are times when you only miss a bit of the action and you don't want to start watching again from the beginning.

Many reasons, the biggest 1 for me is I am yet to find an IPTV stream that has been re-encoded properly, so that it doesn't judder or stutter especially with fast moving action or panning scenes, then there is the issue where the stream just starts to repeat the last 5 - 10 seconds over and over. Even the ones that are re-encoded well are not a patch on real broadcast tv because it's so compressed.

You also have times where the stream just stops for no reason, some providers are so bad that halfway through a program they just change to a completely different channel, or bring up a menu and leave that on the screen (happens less now than I did, but does still happen).

Most E2 boxes don't record iptv well, and not all providers have catchup and even if they do there are times when you only miss a bit of the action and you don't want to start watching again from the beginning.
Think you need to change your supplier :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's more than 10meg DL I'll bet.
Nope I wish! We struggle here to get a fast speed although bt checker says upto 13mbits we sledom get more than 7 to 8.

The judder and stutter could be a few things like stream restart moved to a different server.
When a channel changes to a random program that’s not the provider it’s the source most providers if they’ve setup properly will have backup streams that auto kicks in but you do have valid points with your post bud most are changing stream formats to hevc265 so enigma boxes (older models) will soon be no good for iptv

Nope I wish! We struggle here to get a fast speed although bt checker says upto 13mbits we sledom get more than 7 to 8.
What's your minimum guaranteed speeds as if below what yourgetting can leave for free

The judder and stutter could be a few things like stream restart moved to a different server.
No I don't mean when it has like mini freezes, I mean the motion stutter / judder you get (not everyone see's it, my mrs doesn't for example, but my eyes are sensitive to it).

Best way I can describe it, is that it's similar to watching 50fps material at 60fps.

am I missing something here? I thought c/s died a good long time ago?

been waiting for them to crack the new digi code but it hasnt happened...

I tried a line a couple a months ago and it worked but only on about 5 channels...

What's your minimum guaranteed speeds as if below what yourgetting can leave for free
I don't have any guarantee of speed unfortunately. Still I known some people in remote places get slower speed than I do.
Am looking into 4g as there is a mast in my locality and that could be the answer.

am I missing something here? I thought c/s died a good long time ago?

been waiting for them to crack the new digi code but it hasnt happened...

I tried a line a couple a months ago and it worked but only on about 5 channels...
Yeah mate the hd is cracked but up and down at present

Yeah mate the hd is cracked but up and down at present
I heard years ago that the guys who implement the encryption for companies like SLY are also the ones who devise the cracks for it :laughing:
If it ever gets up and running again SLY will have it changed for sure. No more cheapo chineese sat boxes on fleabay.

Back