Sky UK HD E2 Mgcamd Lines

A lot just use Iptv for the missing premium channels from the old c/s days but then some Iptv providers have the same frame rate as a sat box but why record Iptv when you have catchup lol
The recording point was just to add weight to the argument not because i do on a regular basis.

They claim to have the same frame rate which i why i added the point of comparing recording files sizes for supposedly like for like resolution and frame rate.

Think you need to change your supplier :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Please PM me a contact and ill try to prove mine and cokeaddicts point to be wrong.

Please PM me a contact and ill try to prove mine and cokeaddicts point to be wrong.
I believe you, I know some suppliers are crap and the picture does as you say. I also know people who tell me they don't suffer that problem so must be a better supplier.

IPTV is crap, mainly due to it being of lesser quality than Sat as others have said.

However, its better than these E2 Sky UK HD lines, that's for sure, simply because IPTV does at least work most of the time.

These E2 Sky HD lines simply dont work for periods longer than 2 or 3 days.

But given the choice Sat wins hands down. Simple as. If it just worked lol, which it doesnt.

I believe you, I know some suppliers are crap and the picture does as you say. I also know people who tell me they don't suffer that problem so must be a better supplier.
I've been through a whole lot of IPTV suppliers tbh and none match a sat feed for like for like res and and framerate , this is because it is compressed gone through encoding if you like to limit the file size so IPTV servers can save on bandwidth.

I'd love to prove this wrong because lots of people tell me they have these wonder IPTV servers that i obviously don't :LOL: but when i ask for a contact so i can judge this for myself none materialise.

None materialise because a good IPTV supplier isn't overloaded and people want to keep it that way.
You give your supplier out to a lot of people and it then becomes overloaded. Too many customers equals poor quality and lots of buffering.
I wouldn't give my suppliers details to anyone as it took me a long time, lots of tests and payments for a couple of crappy lines before I found a good one.

Last edited:
This thread has become all on hating on IPTV :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But tbf iptv has come a LONG way last few years. Its great now imo stable and reliable with issues here and there. Having a cheapo one didn't think be any good but very decent.

But agree Sat quality will always be amazing its just iptv can't really match the quality but not a big issue to some.

Would have been great if this new Sat system on enigma worked for much longer than it does.

I took the new HD CS system a few weeks back, I knew the risks involved, but I still took the chance, have had a few good days with it, but its mostly been off rather than on, but as I said I cant moan because I knew what I was risking, but I am glad of my IPTV today, watching BT Sports HD for the play off game, quality of picture is excellent and its 15 seconds behind BT Sports SD on sat, so not too bad, bought a new android tv for the Euros, so I put all my Apps on it, and the picture is even better than it was on the 4k firestick, which I have now moved to another room, I have knocked iptv in the past, but I cant fault it these days as it has improved greatly, and I am glad of it today.

I have just watched the motoGP on IPTV,
I can't fault my supplier tbh,
It's deffo not sat quality, but perfectly watchable,
Tho, as I've said before, and I don't understand why, I have a genuine Eurosport sub, and it's uses about a 1/3 of the bandwidth of IPTV, for a better picture quality.
I wouldn't be without my sat CS, if I had to make a choice I'd keep my sat and lose IPTV.

I've had my cs line for about 3 months, for first 2 months apart from it going off for an hour or so it was great, stable etc. In the past few weeks it has been off more than on and communication is non existant but as has been said you do still get the same channels you do on the old cs lines and not paying much, if any, more. So get at least the old cs channels and when all is good the missing HD channels.

We all take the risk, if you look at IPTV a few years ago, in it's infancy if you like, it was not as good as it is now, the Sly HD lines are still in their infancy, there are going to be issues. Yes it could go off but if they sort things out it can be really good.

I would be interested to know what evidence the OP has when he says 'They have no clue what so ever of how to run a Server', how does the OP know it isn't sky fiddling with things to stop the cs from working and the providers then having to hack it again? how does he know it's just down to the providers unable to run the server?

I have more than enough reasons to be peed off with the fact it's going off for long periods over the past month, but I am not going to start a thread saying it;s all down to the provider without knowing what has gone wrong nor what is involved in fixing it.

It does make me laugh when other members on here say 'I've been warning people for months' yet the same members where telling others in PM's, 'I speak to **** regularly on the phone, I know him will, message him for a line'

Basically at the moment things are not looking good, and I am not defending that, but its been a week, I've seen IPTV go dark for days due to ISP blocks in the past and people didn't slag the providers off for that.

I have just watched the motoGP on IPTV,
I can't fault my supplier tbh,
It's deffo not sat quality, but perfectly watchable,
Tho, as I've said before, and I don't understand why, I have a genuine Eurosport sub, and it's uses about a 1/3 of the bandwidth of IPTV, for a better picture quality.
I wouldn't be without my sat CS, if I had to make a choice I'd keep my sat and lose IPTV.
Watched it on BT2 HD on the Viark it was so good without issue i got bored and switched to Nova Sports 1 HD 0.8w English comms and it was the same issue free. Where's the fun in this :LOL:

I've had my cs line for about 3 months, for first 2 months apart from it going off for an hour or so it was great, stable etc. In the past few weeks it has been off more than on and communication is non existant but as has been said you do still get the same channels you do on the old cs lines and not paying much, if any, more. So get at least the old cs channels and when all is good the missing HD channels.

We all take the risk, if you look at IPTV a few years ago, in it's infancy if you like, it was not as good as it is now, the Sly HD lines are still in their infancy, there are going to be issues. Yes it could go off but if they sort things out it can be really good.

I would be interested to know what evidence the OP has when he says 'They have no clue what so ever of how to run a Server', how does the OP know it isn't sky fiddling with things to stop the cs from working and the providers then having to hack it again? how does he know it's just down to the providers unable to run the server?

I have more than enough reasons to be peed off with the fact it's going off for long periods over the past month, but I am not going to start a thread saying it;s all down to the provider without knowing what has gone wrong nor what is involved in fixing it.

It does make me laugh when other members on here say 'I've been warning people for months' yet the same members where telling others in PM's, 'I speak to **** regularly on the phone, I know him will, message him for a line'

Basically at the moment things are not looking good, and I am not defending that, but its been a week, I've seen IPTV go dark for days due to ISP blocks in the past and people didn't slag the providers off for that.

It's a risk as your saying and it's right with anything when it comes to this game it's a risk.

There is something happening for sure but I don't believe the provider or providers are at fault but hard to know whats going on behind the scenes.

As long as your careful and alert of what's happening think people should be fine.

Thats true ,even with the HD off, theres still the whats left on sat channels working, so it makes financial outlay more exceptable really, as long as you know the risks when you take out a sub.

Spot on bud with what you’ve posted seen members saying I’ve said for ages etc but they don’t post that they have a he line aswell.
We take risks in everything we buy from Iptv to c/s just look when xc went down everyone was quick to jump on band wagon etc and was no updates etc from xc what happend.
Same with new c/s could be a number of reasons but people jumping in saying it’s a waste of money etc will be the same people moaning like b@tches when there Iptv got blocked ooohhh it’s a waste of money etc but no soon as back on they will watch in hd🤣🤣🤣

Because forever would be off too (they use the same source cards as the E2 lines), so it's nothing to do with sly causing problems.
That's an assumption that has been proven otherwise in the past, there has been a few times where viark boxes etc have been off and E2 has been working and visa versa. If they used the same cards the E2 lines would go down every time viark boxes/forever went down but they dont

That's an assumption that has been proven otherwise in the past, there has been a few times where viark boxes etc have been off and E2 has been working and visa versa. If they used the same cards the E2 lines would go down every time viark boxes/forever went down but they dont
If they were not using the same source of cards, then they would never (or atleast almost never) come on and go off at the exact same time.

Just because 1 is up and the other is down, doesn't mean they are not using same sources of cards, they could just be directed through different servers.

If they were not using the same source of cards, then they would never (or atleast almost never) come on and go off at the exact same time.

Just because 1 is up and the other is down, doesn't mean they are not using same sources of cards, they could just be directed through different servers.
Never go down at same time unless sky had tweaked something that needed rehacking,

But you have confirmed what I was saying, if they are from the same source cards routed a different what, why would the provider be at fault if there was a break in the route taken from the source cards to the provider. There are too many posibilities that could cause issues and people are speculating one possible reason as THE reason without evidence to back it up.

There are various 'rumours' about the whole setup, some say there is just 1 guy behind the E2 lines, others believe it is a group acting as one rather than just 1 guy, others think those runnning the VIARK servers are also behind the E2 lines. To be honest none of us know.

Never go down at same time unless sky had tweaked something that needed rehacking,

They have both come on and gone off at the exact same time, many times over the last few months.

It's only the last twice (or maybe 3 times) that one has been on when the other is off, before that they were always on and off together.

Back