skyNEW Skin

bondy2015

Registered
I to get this and the epg tabs to do scroll though. Has this been addressed yet?

Mission360

Registered
Reverting works, but you then can't do any software update as the skin updates automatically with all the other updates.

Willo3092

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
you can use terminal command

opkg flag hold enigma2-plugin-skins-name of skin package

to prevent it updating in the future

Mission360

Registered
THats a great tip! Many thanks. Does the name have to include *.ipk?

Mission360

Registered
Once again, really appreciated. I have been going through the forum to find the solution to make the channel synopsis scroll if it carries more data that is viewable. I saw a solution on the skin modding thread, where you add some code to the skin.xml file, but I cannot for the life in me work out if this was just to be added to the data or I should amend some existing data (that I cant find in my skin.xml). THis is needed as Chabs skin selector plugin still crashes every time it's run.
Specifically it was:

6408 <widget source="Event" render="RunningText" options="movetype=running,startpoint=0,direction=top,steptime=100,repeat=0,always=0,oneshot=0,startdelay=7000,wrap" position="60,117" size="815,147" font="Regular; 24" zPosition="3" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="skyblue" transparent="1" valign="top">
<convert type="EventName">ExtendedDescription</convert>

handleman90

Registered
Hi,
I have installed this skin and followed instructions. Works fine except the epg is not displaying with the sky skin, rather it reverts back to the default skin? Any help??

Also: front display of STB is showing 777 rather than current time.

Last edited:

giana

Registered
when i select the chabs skin plugin after pressing green button, the box crashes. trying to look through different skin preferences