Sound cables from old pc to spdif

2nd picture on first post lol

NO PHONO ports lol
You will have phono on the spdif converter, you have to change spdif digital to analogue to use your surround sound
Post #6 or #8
You must use something like that to change digital to analogue

Ruddy China and free virus lol,very few items found with those connections needed as many are rca as of no use to me.

A big sound nerd who loves better sounds and dont like cheap.

Same with car Titanium speakers in front with added tweaters and 2 X 10" subs and 2 high end amps.
Cannot remember what rear speakers are fitted.

Expensive tv and cheap sounds dont work but 7 - 1 + amp blows you away.

Only soundbar i moved as not liking it was my yamaha ysp 900 + sub now in bedroom

Attachments

• ysp 900 + soundbar.jpg
    ysp 900 + soundbar.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thinking it has to be used with an external audio card driver which converts audio to analogue and wondered anything better that might have a better sound.
I did remember having to change audio sound card to an Audio Sound Blaster.

Checking out other devices like this.
CSL - USB 7.1 external sound card 8-channel - 7.1 Channel USB Soundbox - Dynamic 3D Surround Sound - up to 8 speakers - simultaneous recording and playback - analog and digital audio equipment: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Trying to get my brain to connect also as speakers are already wired but just need those three cable to plug into.

Get that box you said and connect the speakers to the front rear and sub jacks , sounds like you need to download some software and set it to a 5.1 system. Good find that box , let us know how it goes

I might have to spend it to get a very good quality item as remembering how expensive the card was in the upgrading of quality sound .
Was looking at Creative products but no joy yet.

I might have to spend it to get a very good quality item as remembering how expensive the card was in the upgrading of quality sound .
Was looking at Creative products but no joy yet.
would you not be better getting a digital surround sound.?
after all, dolby dts is digital, you are always going to get beat up by changing it to analogue anyway

No i dont think so as the double sub woofer is bigger than any of my desktop pc and wont find anything as good.

I have a digital Logitech downstairs on smartless tv lol.
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System, THX, Dolby & DTS Certified, 1000 Watts Peak Power, Multi -Device, Multiple Audio Inputs, UK Plug, PC/PS4/Xbox/Music Player/TV/Smartphone/Tablet: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Great sound and plenty of connections.

Think i remember reading better sound quality on analogue over digital lol
I think analogue is better also, think, old valve amps,
so, why are so intent on changing digital to analogue.?
you simply end up with chopped digital, worst of both worlds,
get an analogue sound card.

Back