Speed changing due to light on ethernet port?

I did ask this originally but seeing how old my PC is could the ethernet port/ethernet card be causing these issues and also the ethernet cable itself potentially being faulty?

I am not sure why your struggling to grasp what I have asked.

I have done all the trouble shooting steps already and complained to VM and they have said everything is fine.

All I am asking is if I was getting 115mb speeds when on orange light then why its now stuck on the green light with nearly half less speed when I am doing demanding things like streaming, downloading etc.

You initially asked why the Ethernet port is affecting your speed. So me and pabs explained why.

If your getting speed dops like I say problem solve. Get a new Ethernet cable. You've done all the trouble shooting but your still using a ethernet cable that's donkeys years old. Wear and tear mate. Buy a new cable lol

Like I say problem solve. Get a new Ethernet cable. You've done all the trouble shooting but your using a ethernet cable that's donkeys years old. Wear and tear mate. Buy a new cable lol

Problem isnt solved though is it.

Cable is only 5 years old and its come from outside to in so unless I can find out the cable itself is faulty dont want to gamble changing it.

There is a problem and fault somewhere as I have said. You havent brought up the ethernet card which could be well out of date to cope with the speeds for example.

Problem isnt solved though is it.

Cable is only 5 years old and its come from outside to in so unless I can find out the cable itself is faulty dont want to gamble changing it.

There is a problem and fault somewhere as I have said. You havent brought up the ethernet card which could be well out of date to cope with the speeds for example.

What model is your Ethernet card. Check online if it supports the speeds you require. You keep saying you've problem solved but you haven't tried another Cable, checked if the Ethernet Card supports your desired speeds etc...

You don't want to gamble on a 2 quid cable? Literally mate. Come on lol. Buy one of Amazon if it don't work send it back.

What model is your Ethernet card. Check online if it supports the speeds you require. You keep saying you've problem solved but you haven't tried another Cable, checked if the Ethernet Card supports your desired speeds etc...

How exactly am I going to try a new ethernet cable when the router is so far away from my PC. Its not as easy you think.

I dont know my model for the ethernet card. Where do you check this?

How exactly am I going to try a new ethernet cable when the router is so far away from my PC. Its not as easy you think.

I dont know my model for the ethernet card. Where do you check this?

Try Device Manager mate. Or in your network Adapters. Or just take PC apart and have a look.

You are getting fluctuating speeds.
You are blaming the orange/green lights for this.
You should be looking at VPN or other causes.
Ethernet cables come in long lengths.
5, 10, 25 or 50 metres long if you need them

VPN is not in play as not using that when it comes to streaming/downloading.

As I said mate if I knew the problem then it wouldnt have been an issue for me. But I dont know what the "problem" is.

I have long ethernet coming from outside the house to inside my house.

VPN is not in play as not using that when it comes to streaming/downloading.

As I said mate if I knew the problem then it wouldnt have been an issue for me. But I dont know what the "problem" is.

I have long ethernet coming from outside the house to inside my house.

Initially mate you tried to blame the LEDS for this. Just get a 50M Ethernet Cable? Literally how far is this away lol. Give us a rough idea. How many metres is your Router from your PC?

Does the connection go through any switches or hubs ? disconnect anything else that is hard wired and try a new Ethernet cable direct from router to pc . If speeds stay high , connect 1 device at a time till you find out what slows it down.

Initially mate you tried to blame the LEDS for this. Just get a 50M Ethernet Cable? Literally how far is this away lol. Give us a rough idea. How many metres is your Router from your PC?

Why do you keep pointing out and going on about the ethernet is the cause of all this and I need a new one.

Could be the ethernet card no seeing PC is about 9-10 years old?

Does the connection go through any switches or hubs ? disconnect anything else that is hard wired and try a new Ethernet cable direct from router to pc . If speeds stay high , connect 1 device at a time till you find out what slows it down.
No Ethernet cable goes straight from the router to the PC.

I thought intially maybe the distance of how far the cable is going may affect the speeds.

Why do you keep pointing out and going on about the ethernet is the cause of all this and I need a new one.

Could be the ethernet card no seeing PC is about 9-10 years old?

Mate, why the hell are you getting so defensive. People here are trying to help. You said you've done a lot of problem solving but haven't done something as simple as changing the god dam cable. Come on mate. How many metres is your Router away from your PC?

Your doing this moaning about your speeds your on an 100mb package you ain't going to hit 115meg like you say you've hit not possible.
Pablo and the source as given you the best advice of what's what and you just don't get it.
Change ethanet port on your router buy a long enough cable run it under your carpet or where ever
Compare speeds on WiFi then ethanet if speeds better on WiFi switch to WiFi if better on ethanet stick to ethanet not rocket science

Your doing this moaning about your speeds your on an 100mb package you ain't going to hit 115meg like you say you've hit not possible.
Pablo and the source as given you the best advice of what's what and you just don't get it.
Change ethanet port on your router buy a long enough cable run it under your carpet or where ever
Compare speeds on WiFi then ethanet if speeds better on WiFi switch to WiFi if better on ethanet stick to ethanet not rocket science

What on earth are you going on about how the heck am I moaning!!!

For your information you can get extra speed that your package allows. If you had VM then you would know this!

Implying I'm lying about getting 115mb when it's what I have been getting for years alot of time is hilarious quite frankly.

What on earth are you going on about how the heck am I moaning!!!

For your information you can get extra speed that your package allows. If you had VM then you would know this!

Implying I'm lying about getting 115mb when it's what I have been getting for years alot of time is hilarious quite frankly.
Where have I said your lying I said stop moaning.
I get 35mbps but on a good day can get 650mbps😂😂😂😂
You've been given the best advice even what a computer technician would say the exact same as what source and Pablo said

Back