starview 4 usb Nagra 2 fix for Ireland

Just an update from moh,

Most channels have moved to nagra 3 on ch*rus Cork.
Although all channels seem to be ok on mmds down that direction.

Sorry Rob, updating with the latest firmware at the moment will do you no good :(

practically everything gone here in the south east of irl :( at least the channels worth mentioning are gone :(

Maybe time for the underground to make a move now, been very quiet lately :)

Last edited:
Hi axx, good to see you mate :)

The underground as you call it has always been overground, they are the commercial ;) N3 ill be overcome as per the Sat scene but at a cost. Not much when it comes to paying for a full sub in comparison but it will still cost.

Others will sell boxes based on a semi-open basis and allow you to pick and choose to a certain extent. Its the ones that tie you down that are the problem and I can bet most members will guess at the supplier and model based on previous lack of support.

Others will allow a more individual choice, but to be honest cable versus sat in this type of sale is at a major disadvantage. In the UK the N3 version used is an unknown to a point, yes it is sorted to an extent in regards to CS but it has plenty of algorithms that can be used.

Why the UK and Ireland are been separated as two different entities is wrong when it comes to encryption migration should also be looked at.They are not that different by any means, given the licence they have both signed, (VM and U*C).

End of the day suppliers will look to off load boxes based on servers maintained by them. But as said what do you get on cable that you cannot get on Sat or a mix of Sat, Freeview, Freesat, analogue?

N3 means money not only for providers but for traders and suppliers.

As you can see I have fell out with quite a few of them over this ;)

Good to hear from ya scouse!!! and dont say the underground is overground, its cooler the other way lol

I can only imagine the cost involved on the sat side and i really dont think it would be something i could start into either and im sure many others would be the same. as for cable boxes i could only possibly imagine a possible fix would maybe involve card swapping at an alarming rate or maybe a box that could hold and support maybe ten different cards lol not worth the hassle either

Surprised after all the hype of iptv mentioned in uk that the change to n3 came about but two heads are better than one maybe? or as said before there's more holes in iptv than a sieve

Back