Starview 6 - 7 firmware guide tutorial.

dooby2oon

VIP Member
CARLING-1.04.ups - Downloads - TechKings

Whats needed
1. Starview 6 or 7
2. A usb pen drive with latest carling firmware on it
3. A working modem/router connection to net

From the main menu go to Utility and then press the right arrow button and select usb
from the right hand side, you will see the Carling/Guinness file press ok on it and make sure to select SW+ALL DATA UPDATE..

The machine will update and restart itself (Don't pull your memory stick out until the machine has fully started up and you can access menu again)
you now need to scan your channels, No spliters on your incoming cable when doing your scan and dont connect modem/router untill scan completed
Now go to installation press the right arrow button again and go down to AUTO CABLE SEARCH
all you need to change here is the symbol rate.
The symbol rate determines your area for example N*l is 6887, the other numbers are 6952 for Telepe** and EXc&w.
When you have selected your area go to start scan.

once the scan has finished go to menu then highlight accessory and on the remote press the numbers "8989"
you will then see "Key edit" appear on the right hand side, go to it and press ok and just check that auto update is on if its off just turn it on.

Then go to to your channels by exiting the menu and pressing ok..
Select a non FTA channel and leave it until a picture appears
PLEASE NOTE IT CAN TAKE UPTO 5 MINUTES TO UPDATE SO BE PATIENT

Next two lines skip for starview 7
Now go to menu then highlight accessory and on the remote press the numbers "8989"
you will then see "K*yedit" appear on the right hand side, go to it and press ok and just check that auto update is on if its off just turn it on.

To use with LAN connection.

Menu - Option -networks - net application - select type “Ustream(UK)

Now connect to your modem/router to receive all channels

If you have 16:9 TV please follow “ Option -> OSD Setup -> Screen Format

Last edited:
The way I am reading this, its a way of connecting to the net, is that right??

Boo, Hiss, I have NTL broadband and cant use this. not that i am too sure about the whole deal

Boo, Hiss, I have NTL broadband and cant use this. not that i am too sure about the whole deal
im with you there wheelo! ive got bb with same people and its a bit confusing so we will wait and see how things progress as i see it now says for Eire and UK so means sv6 is working over here now then but the sv6 sounds more complicated!

Yahoooooo! Brought my box out from the dead...was using GroveRider...but this is much better. :gah:

Credits to dooby2oon.

i have followed all the instructions but still can only get 3 channels ??????:bang head:

Not sure why you have only 3 channels. Is that 3 encrypted plus the unencrypted. Is the CS Net Ustream status connected? Although I dont get every channel, I can see the majority. Have you tried Factory reset and reloading Carling again. Also is your LAN connection good and direct to your router. Because I didnt want to run a cable round the house, I invested in a Belkin Plug that uses the Mains socket to distribute the LANand this works great.
Good luck M8y.
Kind Regards
Akman

no just bbc 1, itv and channel 4 , no encrypted channels. i may have read the instruction wrong though, i thought it was in two parts ( load from usb OR connect via Lan) is it one or the other or both?.
if you got to connect to the net then thats what im doing wrong.

You first need to get the Carling file on to the reciever via the usb from a memory stick / portable hard drive. Once this is downloaded and I also usually power cycle the box here, you can do the networky bit as described above by dooby2oon. You can do this in the menu under network / CSnet
You should then see a connection assuming you have your LAN connected.
Then scan. Make sure your k**edit is on as well.
Good Luck
Kind Regards
Akman:cheesy grin:

I have tried all the above but still get nothing. Got my cat 5 cable direct to the modem bypassing the router . Got my cable feed going direct with no spliters . Tried restetting everything but still can't get anymore than 3 channels . :bang head::gah:

Ok I have managed to sort it and maybe this will help others who can't get anything . In auto search screen I set the first field to 000 and the second to 999 these were originally set to 300 and 700 as soon as I changed these and scanned it picked up loads of channels . :doh::grin::grin:

i have just got a Starview 6 box am i right in thinking i need to put the latest Firmware version on first before doing this ???

im in dub myself and i know a few who are using the sv.6 and are with upec broadband and have taking a chance since feb nothing has happened or said so far, who knows what will happen down the line though!
most of them dont care though and the rest just convince themselfs they would be more interested in catching who is running the server than the little person using it

i have groverider install but not getting any dollar sigh chanells. cannot upload the carling file into sv6 , it just wont upload. pls help what am i doing wrong?

I got the same promblem as sylhetidude. Won't let install carling because of the file type. Any help would be welcome thanks.

Back