STB emulator advice

scouse645

i was trying out the stb emulator app on my android device, in the settings it has mac address, can anyone tell me where to find that?

sometimes its on a sticker on the device,
but, a better method is to goo into your router and find it there,
simply look at connected devices, and it should show your IP and MAC address

From memory you should find it in the portal settings within STB EMU where you will also have to load the IPTV portal connection when you get it.

No , you give that mac to an iptv provider who adds it to their server.
They will give you a portal address to enter and that makes the connection so the android then looks like a mag box.

You can change this to what you want and pass to Provider, they add that onto the Server and then they send you a URL to put into your Portal at the top. Not Internal portal
The mac is in the settings for the Stubemu
for eg below, not my mac or hardware, video from google search..

upload_2017-11-12_23-20-53.png

To use the stb emulator u will need the mac from the stb emulator and not the mac from the android device. As benijofar said open ur stb app and then click ok or take the mouse to yhe top right side and click ok. A drop dwn menu will pop up click setting then go to profile, then on the right u will have a red tick and sone writing click on that profile and then go to stm configurations it will be i there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm with you now,
No , you give that mac to an iptv provider who adds it to their server.
They will give you a portal address to enter and that makes the connection so the android then looks like a mag box.
i'm with you now, been using it in my vu duo2 so was getting confused, it's me age r kid.

The mac address in the emulator is a demo.It won't work with your url.To get the mac of the android box,go to Settings> About box>status and you should see the mac,both for wireless and ethernet. Thats the one to give to your provider.Ive just set up one about 1/2 an hour ago.

The mac address in the emulator is a demo.It won't work with your url.To get the mac of the android box,go to Settings> About box>status and you should see the mac,both for wireless and ethernet. Thats the one to give to your provider.Ive just set up one about 1/2 an hour ago.

Sorry mate but im using a android box and im using the mac from the stb emulator not from the android box. The android box mac has nothing do with the stb mac. Yes with the magbox that mac is a under the box. Cuz in that box the stb mac n the magbox mac r the same

Sorry mate but im using a android box and im using the mac from the stb emulator not from the android box. The android box mac has nothing do with the stb mac. Yes with the magbox that mac is a under the box. Cuz in that box the stb mac n the magbox mac r the same

Didnt work for me.When I changed it to the one from the box,worked straight away

I also had this dilemma when first using STB EMU. Providers just weren't recognising my original Fire Tv MAC address but when inputting it into their system it worked.

I believe the STB EMU app converts your box's MAC into a MAG box friendly MAC as I noticed the last half of it was identical to the original.

So in my experience, either will work just some providers will only accept the Mag box like MAC and others will tell you to get on your bike!

Hope this helps..

morning all, got it all working now, followed instructions from my provider, used mac address from the menu of the STB EMU app and signed in to my account to put the details in, works very well too, thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

Back