Windows Vista stuck cursor

anfieldroad

a friend of mine cannot move ther curser on his acer aspire5600 ,there is no keypad disabler on in wonder if anyone has got any idears please

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. :)

Has gone into his settings and checked the touchpad sensitivity?

Does he have a usb mouse he could plug in and try?

Last edited:
just been is his house tried with a usb mouse that worked great but iv just come home now,because i have a very big head and in need of some comfort food

a friend of mine cannot move ther curser on his acer aspire5600 ,there is no keypad disabler on in wonder if anyone has got any idears please

Depending on their OS,

XP = Right Click on My Computer

Vista = Right Click Computer

Then choose "Manage" for the options

Go into "Device Manager" & see if there is any notification there regarding a problem with the Touchpad driver.

-

thanks gman will have a go at that tomorow

If there is a problem with the Driver it will display either a question mark or an exclamation mark beside it. If that turns out to be the case? you should right click on the problem item & choose "Uninstall". Restarting the machine will then force a clean re-install of the driver.

-

These mousepads fail quite regularly and you can buy replacements.

Problem is, on some laptops they're a piece of piss to swap out, on others you have to strip the whole thing down.
I'd look at what she has left on her warranty (Acer usually have quite good warranties) and see if she can get it replaced through that.

Back