Stuttering channels

Ok will give it a try, just to clarify when you say power levels is that power level to the router or power level to the signal?

Your incoming power levels will be bare minimum then when it was set up etc so might not be enough power to run extra equiptment etc.
Basically you got 3 options.
1. Ring vm and tell them your broadband keeps dropping out .
2.Add a tv service to your package and cancel within cooling off period and they will have to adjust incoming power etc.
3. Get hold of a powered splitter which you can get a refund on to try but i dont think it will completly cure the problem.
4.Run the incoming cable straight to your box and see if you can tether a internet connection to it without using the modem if possible.

Ok just make sure you use a good quality piece of cable when you connect the powered splitter up ie wf100 or similar etc ok they are readily available on fleabay with premade compression fittings on and cheap as chips ok

Pablo I can’t exactly get VM involved to sort out my “100% legit” virgin tv out ;-) can I? Just to clarify the cable comes straight in my house to the splitter (isn’t the cheapest one) then to the router and the edision box without excessive extensions prob around 1.5 metres from wall to box. I’m on the SH2 still and the cable line was only installed in March 2018 outside ground cable also.

You ring them and say, 'I can't watch a youtube video or stream anything from netflix, so I've done a test on the router and the power levels are low, I'm not paying another bill until it's sorted, fix it'
they fix it as they are obliged to do.
You watch TV when they've gone away.
It's all very simple and you've not spent money you didn't need to spend and bought an elastoplast to cover a gaping wound - the power levels are crap and they'll get worse, no HDU will be of any use after a short while

@dave100 and @pabloescaban......Yet again i have to waste my time removing snide comments at each other in a thread meant to assist a member !
Post your comments and let the member decide if he wishes to take any notice !
DO NOT START THE VERBAL ABUSE CRAP AT EACH OTHER AGAIN IN ANY THREADS !
THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING FOR THE PAIR OF YOU AS IF I SEE ANY MORE OF THIS YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR A PERIOD !!!!
We are here to help members not conduct our own petty vendettas !!!

Right cool so router to out1 and box to out2 cheers Pablo

It's not critical, the lifeline outlet merely continues working if the power to the HDU fails, you could connect the box to it, but if the hdu power fails, it would be irrelevant as the router would go off

Back